Drift Sand Wind Project LLC on July 27 requested that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission issue an order under which it will sell electric energy, capacity, and ancillary services at market-based rates.
Despite cost and delay issues, Southern (NYSE:SO) Chairman and CEO Tom Fanning said July 27 that the Mississippi Power integrated gasification combined cycle facility (IGCC) plant in Kemper County, Mississippi is on the brink of generating electricity from gasified coal.
Despite its coal-heavy image, Southern (NYSE:SO) got only 27% of its energy mix from coal during the first half of 2016, which is down from 34% during the first half of 2015. Meanwhile the company is continuing to develop a slew of renewable projects both in its regulated service areas as well as locations outside its Southeast base.
- View all »
- CPS Energy names Paula Gold-Williams as president and CEO
- CB&I Reports Second-Quarter 2016 Financial Results
- Alliant Energy announces $1 billion wind project to advance...
- NV Energy Takes Strong Next Step to Grandfather Net Metering...
- Many industries use combined heat and power to improve energy...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for July 27, 2016
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot July 27, 2016
- Southeast, West continue to swelter
- WEC Energy Group posts second-quarter results
- Peabody Energy Reaches Agreement With States On Financial Assurances...
- View all news »
- FirstEnergy JUL 22 2016 Plant Shut PR
- PJM JUL 25 2016 Pending Deactivations
- Conn Council JUL 26 2016 SolarCity Letter
- WPL JUL 27 2016 Columbia 2 SCR Update
- Overhill Solar JUL 27 2016 App
- Aberdeen Farm JUL 27 2016 App
- Missippi Power Kemper JUL 26 2016
- Woodsdale Farm JUL 27 2016 App
- Verona Solar JUL 27 2016 App
- River Otter Solar JUL 27 2016 App
- View all documents »
- Some power projects being cancelled, others move ahead | GenerationHub
- ArcLight closes on buy of stakes in two Pennsylvania coal plants | GenerationHub
- FERC grants waiver to Robinson Power's 651-MW gas project in Pennsylvania | GenerationHub
- Final EPA Clean Power Plan seeks 32% CO2 cut by 2030 | GenerationHub
- AEP files interconnect revision for 730-MW La Paloma project in Texas | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Owatonna Energy Station||MN||Gas|
|CPV Towantic Energy Center||CT||Gas|
|Slender Branch Solar||NC||Solar|
|Crooked Run Solar LLC||NC||Solar|
|Tuscola Wind III LLC||MI||Wind|
|Apple Blossom Wind Farm||MI||Wind|