Traditional coal burner American Electric Power (NYSE:AEP) is increasingly using less coal power and relying more on natural gas to generate electricity, AEP Executive Vice President Mark McCullough told the GenForum gathering in Columbus, Ohio.
Entergy Nuclear FitzPatrick LLC and Exelon Generation Co. LLC on Aug, 22 petitioned the New York State Public Service Commission for approval to transfer the James A. FitzPatrick Nuclear Power Plant and related assets from Entergy FitzPatrick to ExGen.
The Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) was still getting 51% of its energy from coal-fired power plants in 2015, but that percentage is expected to decline to only 36% in 2030. That’s according to materials that MISO Executive Director, Strategy Scott Wright prepared for PennWell’s Aug. 23 GenForum in Columbus, Ohio.
- View all »
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Aug. 23, 2016
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Aug. 23, 2016
- AEP Unit Names New VP of Power Generation
- Southern Nuclear, X-energy team up on advanced reactor development...
- 2 million-pound CA20 module safely lifted into Vogtle Unit 4...
- Aliso Canyon Winter Action Plan Released
- Peabody Energy Reaches Agreement With Illinois On Financial...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Aug. 22, 2016
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Aug. 22
- PSEG Names Brian Clark VP Procurement
- View all news »
- Alberta AUG 23 2016 KS Canada Notice
- FERC AUG 23 2016 Orion EA
- Greensmith AUG 23 2016 Storage PR
- NCUC AUG 22 2016 Cookstown Solar Order
- IKEA AUG 23 2016 Fuel Cell PR
- Entergy AUG 22 2016 FitzPatrick App
- Mon Power AUG 22 2016 Boiler App
- NCUC AUG 22 2016 Hanover Solar Order
- NCUC AUG 22 2016 Cathcart Solar Order
- NCUC AUG 22 2016 Saxapahaw Order
- View all documents »
- Black & Veatch wins EPC contract for 925-MW Tenaska project in Pennsylvania | GenerationHub
- Atlantic Wind files revisions for two 100-MW wind projects in New York | GenerationHub
- 960-MW Oregon Clean Energy project in Ohio due for start-up in late December | GenerationHub
- ERCOT tops 70,000 MW in hourly peak demand for first time | GenerationHub
- AEP Unit Names New VP of Power Generation | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Clear Spring Ranch||CO||Solar|
|Techren Solar LLC||NV||Solar|
|Trident Winds LLC||CA||Wind|
|Firestone Solar LLC||VA||Solar|
|Willow Creek Wind Energy Facility||SD||Wind|
|Vulcan Solar Project||AB||Solar|
|Odell Wind Farm||MN||Wind|
|Fair Bluff Solar Project||NC||Solar|