The North Carolina Utilities Commission on Oct. 6 signed off on a new gas pipeline that will allow Duke Energy Progress to undertake a coal-to-gas repowering of its Asheville plant in the western part of the state.
The staff at the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin on Oct. 6 issued a finding of no significant impact related to the environmental aspects of Wisconsin Power & Light's planned 650-MW addition to its Riverside Energy Center.
Even though its current license expires in December, the Entergy (NYSE:ETR) Indian Point 3 nuclear facility in Buchanan, N.Y., will continue to operate while its license renewal application is contested before the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
- View all »
- Diablo Canyon Unit 1 shuts down for planned refueling and maintenance...
- Nationwide, electricity generation from coal falls while natural...
- Xcel Energy 3rd Quarter earnings call set Oct. 29
- Portland General Electric sets earnings call Tuesday Oct. 27
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Oct. 7, 2015
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Oct. 7, 2015
- Severe thunderstorms, flash flooding possible for parts of Southwest...
- Patriot Coal Issues Statement Regarding Supplemental WARN Notice...
- CONSOL Energy Receives $101 Million from the Sale of Assets
- FirstEnergy starts prep work on substation in West Virginia
- View all news »
- MISO OCT 7 2015 Lake Winds GIA
- PSNC JUN 15 2015 Pipeline App
- NCUC OCT 6 2015 Pipeline Order
- NCUC OCT 6 2015 Edenton Airport Order
- Edenton Airport Solar APR 6 2015 App
- Five Forks Solar APR 6 2015 App
- NCUC OCT 6 2015 Five Forks Solar Order
- NCUC OCT 6 2015 North 301 Solar Order
- FERC OCT 7 2015 Desert Stateline Letter
- Little Elk Wind OCT 6 2015 App
- View all documents »
- Exelon decides to deactivate Perryman Unit 2 in Maryland as of Jan. 1 | GenerationHub
- Texas agency nears permits on 3,400 MW, gas-fired project | GenerationHub
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones | GenerationHub
- Alberta commission okays change for ATCO's Rainbow Lake cogen plant | GenerationHub
- Blymer gets contract for engineering on Springbok solar project | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Springbok Solar Farm 2||CA||Solar|
|Springbok Solar Farm 1||CA||Solar|
|Rockfish Solar LLC||MD||Wind|
|Swisher Wind Energy Project||TX||Wind|
|Gaston Green Acres Solar||NC||Solar|
|CPV Fairview LLC||PA||Gas|
|Fluvanna Wind Energy LLC||TX||Wind|
|Hecate Energy Franklin Generation Station LLC||PA||Gas|