The Public Utilities Commission of Nevada has approved a request by Las Vegas-based NV Energy to participate in the expanded Energy Imbalance Market (EIM), which is designed to identify and use low-cost power resources across a wide geographic market stretching into California.
Since the prospective new owner of the Twin Oaks power plant in Texas doesn’t want it, Optim Energy LLC filed with its bankruptcy court on Aug. 26 for rejection of a burdensome contract with Walnut Creek Mining for minemouth lignite for that plant.
The Sierra Club on Aug. 25 filed with the Illinois Pollution Control Board arguments against a summary judgment motion from the FutureGen Industrial Alliance in an air permit case involving the coal-fired FutureGen 2.0 project.
- PG&E Asks for Public's Help to Support Theft Investigation at...
- Residential provider Vivint Solar to go public
- Duke Energy to relicense hydro facilities in South Carolina
- Vermont power line project to get environmental review
- James A. FitzPatrick nuclear plant begins 21st refueling outage...
- Severe weather possible for parts of central Plains
- CMS Energy's Chief Financial Officer To Present Company Overview...
- TVA seeks comment on 55-mile Miss. transmission project
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Aug. 27, 2014
- San Onofre nuclear panel meets Aug. 28
- View all news »
- Duke Edwardsport AUG 19 2014.pptx
- Ameren AUG 25 2014 CO2 Response
- Peabody AUG 25 2014 Missouri Brief
- AES Southland AUG 20 2014 Redondo App
- NextEra AUG 27 2014 Limon Agreement
- NextEra AUG 27 2014 Limon Revised
- Nevada EIM Draft AUG 26 2014
- NCUC AUG 27 2014 South Winston Draft
- Optim AUG 26 2014 Walnut Creek Reject App
- AmerenEnergy AUG 6 2014 Response
- View all documents »
- Some power projects being cancelled, others move ahead | GenerationHub
- Va. Attorney General backs Clinch River coal-to-gas conversion | GenerationHub
- Golden Spread wants to add another 606 MW at Antelope Elk | GenerationHub
- NRP buys infrastructure at new Illinois coal mine | GenerationHub
- Grandview Wind Farm in Texas readies for commercial start | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Copper Mountain Solar 3||NV||Solar|
|Desert Sunlight 250 Project||CA||Solar|
|Desert Sunlight 300 Project||CA||Solar|
|University of Iowa Main Power Plant||IA||Coal/Gas|
|Soluga Farms Solar Facility||NC||Solar|
|Chester Diversion Hydroelectric Project||ID||Hydro|