Arch Coal, one of the nation's top coal producers, on May 5 filed with its bankruptcy court a reorganization plan and accompanying disclosure statement that would see it emerge, pending creditor and court approvals, as an intact company.
Exelon (NYSE:EXC) President and CEO Chris Crane used a May 6 earnings call to elaborate on the potential closing of two of the company’s struggling nuclear plants over the next two years unless Illinois passes a legislative fix promptly.
Three companies with U.S. power plants notified the Federal Energy Regulatory on May 6 in separate filings that they are just about to be sold by GDF SUEZ Energy North America.
- View all »
- PJM: Study shows its markets attract new power generation
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for May 6, 2016
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot May 6, 2016
- Heavy rain and isolated severe storms in portions of the West...
- Hydro One First Quarter, Building Momentum and an Operating...
- Enel building 150 MW photovoltaic solar power project in Minnesota...
- SunPower Reports First Quarter 2016 Results
- Southern Company and AGL Resources announce merger settlement...
- Duke Energy focused on customers, future strategy, CEO tells...
- Study: Clean Energy Employs 85,000 New Yorkers
- View all news »
- Utah Board MAY 2 2016 Lake Powell App
- FERC MAY 6 2016 Lake Powell Notice
- 4C Acquisition MAY 6 2016 Tariff App
- FERC MAY 6 2016 Black Mountain Notice
- Troy Energy MAY 6 2016 App
- Pleasants Energy MAY 6 2016 App
- Calumet Energy May 6 2016 App
- Exelon Slides MAY 7 2016
- Antelope Big Sky MAY 6 2016 App
- Arch Coal MAY 5 2016 Disclosure Statement
- View all documents »
- Exelon targets possible 2017 and 2018 shutdowns for two nuclear plants | GenerationHub
- PJM looks at itself alongside regulated utility markets | GenerationHub
- Michigan PSC kicks off review of updated avoided costs under PURPA | GenerationHub
- Minnesota PUC mulls exemptions for up-to-300-MW Nobles 2 wind project | GenerationHub
- Met Resources adds to met coal mining permit portfolio | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Nobles 2 Wind Farm||MN||Wind|
|Wadesboro Solar LLC||NC||Solar|
|ID Solar 1 LLC||ID||Solar|
|Rush Creek Wind Project||CO||Wind|
|Montana Power Station||TX||Gas|
|Potrero Hills Energy Producers||CA||Bio|
|Mesquite Solar 3||AZ||Solar|
|Hog Creek Wind Farm LLC||OH||Wind|