The members of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on July 2 approved a Florida Power & Light buy of the 250-MW Cedar Bay coal plant, which FPL then intends to retire.
NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE) utility Florida Power & Light (FPL) said July 2 that it plans to add a new 1,600-MW combined-cycle natural gas plant, FPL Okeechobee, to its fleet in 2019. FPL expects to build the proposed new facility for a cost of approximately $670 per kilowatt.
Golden West Power Partners LLC filed on July 2 at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission an application for authorization to make market-based sales of energy, capacity and certain ancillary services under a market-based rate tariff.
- View all »
- Libra Named Site Vice President at Exelon Limerick Generating...
- NRC cuts nuclear oversight fees for FY 2015, NEI notes
- AWEA excited about White House targeting 20% non-hydro renewables...
- Gulf Power marks closing of Scholz coal plant
- Florida consumers using more renewable energy, Florida PSC finds...
- TVA identifies preferred route for Rickman transmission line
- Renewable Energy Storage Project Near Desert Center Advances
- PG&E sets July 29 earnings call
- AEP-PSO asks for rate hike, cites EPA costs
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for July 2, 2015
- View all news »
- Virginia Electric JUL 1 2015 Greensville App.PDF
- Virginia Electric JUL 1 2015 Greensville App2.PDF
- Eagle Crest Energy JUL 2 2015 PR
- Skanska JUL 2 2015 CPV Valley PR
- Valley NG JUL 2 2015 Retire Notice.PDF
- Golden West JUL 2 2015 App
- FERC JUL 2 2015 Cedar Bay Order
- TVA EA JUL 1 2015
- California Power Water JUN 29 2015
- Oklahoma EPA CPP Suit JUL 1 2015
- View all documents »
- Luminant readies new gas capacity - in case power prices justify it | GenerationHub
- Eagle Crest Energy wins license for 1,300-MW hydro project | GenerationHub
- Luminant permits new gas-fired capacity, but not committed to building it | GenerationHub
- Alliant says new Riverside project will feature natural gas, solar energy | GenerationHub
- California ISO experiences high demand days | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Milford Flat Solar Plant||UT||Solar|
|Sandoval County Solar Energy Project||NM||Solar|
|Looper Bridge Solar Facility Phase 3 Expansion||GA||Solar|
|Bladen Solar LLC||NC||Solar|
|Virginia Offshore Wind Technology Advancement Project||VA||Wind|
|Palm Beach Renewable Energy 2||FL||Gas|