The pending purchase of a gas-fired power plant in Jackson, Mich., is part of a Consumers Energy plan to replace seven coal units to be shut in 2016 and to eventually replace a major amount of capacity under a series of power purchase agreements with in-house capacity.
TAMA Power on April 22 filed an application with the Alberta Utilities Commission for approval of its 856 MW (gross nominal) Sundance Unit 7 project, a gas-fired facility to be located at the existing Sundance coal plant.
NextEra Energy Resources LLC, a subsidiary of NextEra Energy, announced April 24 the official dedication of the company's Genesis Solar Energy Center, located in Riverside County, Calif.
- View all »
- Solar group applauds New York expansion of distributed solar...
- Gamesa scores wind power honor from Export-Import Bank
- Genscape: Explosion at Williams’ Wyo., gas processing facility...
- Exelon warns against early retirement of much of the U.S. nuclear...
- Nuclear supplier NuScale Power to participate in Idaho event
- Power plant coal stockpiles are expected to rebuild after heavy...
- SCANA reports higher first quarter earnings
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot April 24, 2014
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for April 24, 2014
- Peabody Energy Announces Results For The Quarter Ended March...
- View all news »
- GE Energy APR 24 2014 PR
- Pacific Gas APR 24 2014 NextEra PR
- SCANA APR 24 2014
- TAMA Power APR 22 2014 Public Report
- TAMA Power APR 22 2014 App Cover
- Wood Group APR 24 2014 Apex PR
- CMS Energy APR 24 2014 Earnings Slides
- PJM APR 24 2014 Pending Deactivate List
- PJM APR 24 2014 Elizabeth City ICSA
- Entergy APR 24 2014
- View all documents »
- NRC to discuss apparent violation at Wolf Creek | GenerationHub
- Coal-fired shutdown in Pennsylvania moved up to this summer | GenerationHub
- Entergy profits from vortex; sees future price shocks for Northeast | GenerationHub
- Rumor mill has GE looking at Alstom | GenerationHub
- Cooling water intake rule now expected in May | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Walter Scott Jr Energy Center||IA||Coal|
|George Neal North||IA||Coal|
|George Neal South||IA||Coal|
|Blue Castle Project||UT||Nuclear|