Alliant Energy (NYSE:LNT) said April 24 that its Wisconsin utility is asking the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSCW) for a certificate to build a 650-MW combined-cycle, natural gas-fueled generating station at the company’s Riverside Energy Center near Beloit, Wis.
The amount of new electric generation capacity commissioned during March was a relatively modest 295 MW, according to a monthly infrastructure update from a branch of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
Power providers in Arizona told the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC) April 15 that they stand ready to meet peak electric demand during the coming hot summer. Presentations were made to the commission by Arizona Public Service Co. (APS), Tucson Electric Power (TEP), UNS Electric, Salt River Project (SRP) and cooperatives.
- Perry Nuclear Power Plant Returns to Service After Refueling...
- NRC seeks comment on draft EIS for PPL Bell Bend nuclear plant...
- DOE project captures, stores 10 million metric tons of carbon...
- California tribe installs renewable energy microgrid
- U.S. Department of Justice completes review of PPL-Riverstone...
- NRC reaffirms safe operation of Farley, Hatch and Vogtle nuclear...
- Invitation to Bid on Wheelabrator's Claremont Energy-from-Waste...
- Fortis to discuss earnings May 5
- FirstEnergy to Webcast First Quarter Earnings Teleconference
- Installations of natural gas generator sets to double by 2024...
- View all news »
- Alliant says new Riverside project will feature natural gas, solar energy | GenerationHub
- A lot of coal plant deactivations ahead in PJM between now and June 1 | GenerationHub
- 295 MW of new generation capacity comes online during March, FERC reports | GenerationHub
- Virginia governor signs bill backing solar expansion | GenerationHub
- Xcel Energy works toward Colorado coal retirements, retrofits | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Montana Power Station||TX||Gas|
|North Kent Wind||ON||Wind|
|Badger Creek Cogen||CA||Gas|
|J E Corette Plant||MT||Coal|
|Fort Benning Solar||GA||Solar|