A federal judge on Aug. 23 issued a split decision on summary judgment motions in a 2013 environmental group lawsuit over opacity issues for the coal-fired E.D. Edwards power plant in Illinois.
Southern Power, the non-utility subsidiary of Southern (NYSE:SO), is in the preliminary phase of developing land for a natural gas generating facility in Pittsylvania County, located in southern Virginia, the company said Aug. 23.
The bankruptcy court for Sundevil Power Holdings LLC, a company that owns two of the four power blocks at the Gila River Power Station, on Aug. 23 approved an Asset Purchase and Sale Agreement for those two units.
- View all »
- As Japan and South Korea import less LNG, other Asian countries...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Aug. 24, 2016
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Aug. 24, 2016
- ReneSola Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Aug. 23, 2016
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Aug. 23, 2016
- North Carolina has more PURPA-qualifying solar facilities than...
- AEP Unit Names New VP of Power Generation
- Southern Nuclear, X-energy team up on advanced reactor development...
- 2 million-pound CA20 module safely lifted into Vogtle Unit 4...
- View all news »
- Sierra Club AUG 23 2016 Edwards PR
- Court AUG 23 2016 Edwards Order
- Court AUG 23 2016 Sundevil Sale Order
- Alberta AUG 23 2016 KS Canada Notice
- FERC AUG 23 2016 Orion EA
- Greensmith AUG 23 2016 Storage PR
- NCUC AUG 22 2016 Cookstown Solar Order
- IKEA AUG 23 2016 Fuel Cell PR
- Entergy AUG 22 2016 FitzPatrick App
- Mon Power AUG 22 2016 Boiler App
- View all documents »
- AEP Unit Names New VP of Power Generation | GenerationHub
- MISO energy mix 51% coal in 2015; expected to decline to 36% in 2030 | GenerationHub
- Maxim Power breaches financial covenants; sounds 'going concern' warning | GenerationHub
- Developer works on up-to-740-MW Texas gas project | GenerationHub
- SunEdison judge okays auction of several wind and solar projects | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Clear Spring Ranch||CO||Solar|
|Techren Solar LLC||NV||Solar|
|Trident Winds LLC||CA||Wind|
|Firestone Solar LLC||VA||Solar|
|Willow Creek Wind Energy Facility||SD||Wind|
|Vulcan Solar Project||AB||Solar|
|Odell Wind Farm||MN||Wind|
|Fair Bluff Solar Project||NC||Solar|