Gas, wind and solar resources continue to dominate the new generation landscape, with investment in the United States from 2015 to 2018 in gas resources, for instance, representing 109.3 GW, or 65%.
The unregulated Southern Power and regulated Georgia Power subsidiaries of Southern Co. on Aug. 28 filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission an October 2014 power purchase deal between the parties for an 80-MW solar project.
Electric Power Supply Association (EPSA) President and CEO John Shelk on Aug. 28 praised the recent PJM Interconnection (PJM) capacity auction and noted that PJM will emerge with a higher reserve margin than previously expected.
- View all »
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Aug. 31, 2015
- Remnants of Erika soaking Florida
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Aug. 31, 2015
- Greenskies to build 750-kW solar project for university
- Reduced offshore share in U.S. oil and natural gas production...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Aug. 28, 2015
- Thunderstorms possible across parts of Midwest, Southeast, Interior...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Aug. 28, 2015
- ReneSola Announces Results of Annual General Meeting
- NextEra Energy and NextEra Energy Partners schedule investor...
- View all news »
- Court EPA WOTUS AUG 27 2015
- MidAmerican AUG 26 2015 Wind Accept
- Iowa Board AUG 21 2015 MidAmerican
- MidAmerican AUG 27 2015 Wind PR
- SC Commerce AUG 27 2015 Solar PR
- Basin Electric AUG 28 2015 Missouri PR
- Sharyland AUG 28 2015 Happy Whiteface.PDF
- Sharyland AUG 28 2015 Cotton Plains I GIA2.PDF
- Sharyland AUG 28 2015 Cotton Plains I GIA.PDF
- Sharyland AUG 28 2015 Old Settler GIA
- View all documents »
- Conetoe II Solar wins approval for 80-MW project in North Carolina | GenerationHub
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Aug. 28, 2015 | GenerationHub
- AECOM awarded US$55-million contract for power plant reconstruction at Eareckson Air Station in Alaska | GenerationHub
- LS Power permits second, 427-MW phase of West Deptford plant | GenerationHub
- Golden Spread wants to add another 606 MW at Antelope Elk | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Rising Tree Wind Farm III||CA||Wind|
|Peter Sutherland Sr Generating Station||ON||Hydro|
|Flat Rock Wind LLC||IN||Wind|
|Maricopa West Solar||CA||Solar|
|Saddleback Ridge Wind Farm||ME||Wind|
|PSEG Pittsburg Solar Energy Center||CA||Solar|
|Peach Solar Energy 2||GA||Solar|