Consumers Energy is revising its total estimated cost for the 700-MW, gas-fired Thetford power project to approximately $700m in 2017 dollars, which is a reduction of about $50m from the company’s prior estimate.
Older, underutilized coal units are having an increasingly tough time competing with generation from natural gas or wind power, the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) said Dec. 9 in an update of a study it did in 2012.
The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission at its Dec. 19 meeting is due to address the contentious issue of whether environmental “externality” penalties should be increased, which would disadvantage fossil-fired power plants in commission cases.
- View all »
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Dec. 11, 2013
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Dec. 11, 2013
- USEC marks final uranium shipment in 'megatons to megawatts'...
- Akins gets extra title as chairman of American Electric Power...
- TCEC-led report finds renewable energy and natural gas both...
- Record-breaking cold leads to record-breaking energy use in...
- ScottMadden Helps TVA Execute Nuclear Security Upgrade
- NRC Monitoring Event at Arkansas Nuclear One
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Dec. 10, 2013
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Dec. 10, 2013
- View all news »
- SPP DEC 11 2013 OMPA Filing
- SPP NOV 2013 OMPA GIA
- FERC DEC 11 2013 Entergy Nelson Letter
- FERC DEC 11 2013 Rosamond Letter
- FERC DEC 11 2013 Huntington RMR Letter
- Minn PUC DEC 19 2013 Externality Memo
- Consumers Energy DEC 9 2013 Mahan Test
- Pioneer NOV 21 2013 Magnison Test
- Pioneer NOV 21 2013 GIA App
- Enel Green Power DEC 11 2013 Mexico PR
- View all documents »
- High court hears arguments on EPA transport rule | GenerationHub
- Big Rivers wins and loses points on Coleman coal plant issues | GenerationHub
- Consumers Energy cuts Thetford project cost estimate by $50m | GenerationHub
- Duke's new L.V. Sutton gas-fired plant kicks into operation | GenerationHub
- Judge rejects motion to dismiss lawsuit over Merrimack coal plant | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Bear River Narrows Hydroelectric Project||ID||Hydro|
|L V Sutton||NC||Coal|
|Desert Peak Power Plant||NV||Geothermal|
|Thermo No 1||UT||Geothermal|
|Caithness Dixie Valley||NV||Geothermal|