The U.S. Interior Department's Bureau of Reclamation is making available for public comment the Draft Environmental Impact Statement for a life extension of the Navajo Generating Station-Kayenta Mine Complex Project.
The Resources for the Future (RFF) study confirms that drought reduces hydroelectric generation, which is primarily offset by increases in electricity generation from natural gas, rather than a renewable energy source or nuclear generation.
Chisholm View Wind Project II LLC on Sept. 29 requested that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission issue an order that accepts its market-based rate schedule and FERC Electric Tariff, under which it will sell electric energy, capacity, and ancillary services at market-based rates.
- View all »
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Sept. 29, 2016
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Sept. 29, 2016
- Heavy rain expected across the Mid-Atlantic region and central...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Sept. 28, 2016
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Sept. 28, 2016
- China expected to account for more than half of world growth...
- SolarCity Creates Funds to Finance Over $347 Million in Solar...
- Cool and dry for much of the Central Plains and Rockies
- New York Power Authority wins new contract with union workers...
- EDF Renewable assumes management of 200 MW of solar facilities...
- View all news »
- Chisholm View Wind II SEP 29 2016 MBR App
- Interior SEP 2016 Navajo Kayenta EIS Exec
- Interior SEP 30 2016 Navajo Kayenta Notice
- EPA SEP 30 2016 Rockport Opacity Notice
- Canadian Solar SEP 29 2016 Barren Ridge PR
- Fitch SEP 28 2016 Utah Municipal PR
- RFF SEP 27 2016
- Jacumba Solar SEP 27 2016 App
- DoD SEP 28 2016 Army Energy Report
- PJM SEP 28 2016 PSEG Fossil ISA
- View all documents »
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones | GenerationHub
- California PUC mostly approves energy storage deals for SCE, PG&E | GenerationHub
- Some power projects being cancelled, others move ahead | GenerationHub
- FERC takes comment on three big Calif. pumped storage projects | GenerationHub
- ITOCHU execs locate in Alabama to run Drummond coal investment | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|John T. Myers Locks and Dam||IN||Hydro|
|Iowa Biogas Facility||IA||Bio|
|Hillcrest Solar 1 LLC||OH||Solar|
|Chinook Power Plant||SK||Gas|
|County Line Solar Farm||NC||Solar|
|Heritage Wind Farm LLC||NY||Wind|
|Archbald Energy Partners LLC||PA||Gas|