President Obama, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto are expected to set targets to have their nations obtain half of their electricity from zero-carbon sources of electricity by 2025, the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) said June 28.
A three-judge panel at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit on June 28 dealt a defeat to the Sierra Club, which sought review of the authorization by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission of an increase in production capacity at a liquefied natural gas terminal in Louisiana.
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation will be out for public comment until July 29 on a draft Title V Facility Permit and Title IV (Acid Rain) Facility Permit for the Greenidge Generating Station in the Town of Torrey, with those revised permits excising coal as an allowed fuel at the plant.
- View all »
- North Dakota PSC member Kalk named to National Coal Council
- Coyle named to new position at Entergy nuclear division
- Arizona Public Service names Bement to job at Palo Verde nuclear...
- SolarCity Releases its First Corporate Sustainability Report...
- Nautilus Solar Energy names Cheng as Chief Operating Officer
- Solar study predicts rapid capacity growth in Texas
- Georgia Power places CA05 module for Vogtle Unit 4
- EthosEnergy completes boiler feed pump work at Coyote power...
- Construction Underway on Potomac Edison Power Line Project in...
- Westinghouse marks startup of TVA's Watts Bar Unit 2
- View all news »
- Court JUN 28 2016 FERC Sabine Pass Order
- FERC JUN 28 2016 Mountain Valley Notice
- TransCameron Pipeline JUN 28 2016 Amend
- Md PSC JUN 27 2016 Todd Solar Proposed
- MD PSC JUN 27 2016 Todd Solar Cover
- Ill EPA JUN 24 2016 Burning Star Notice
- Greenidge JUN 21 2016 Update
- New York DEC JUN 2016 Greenidge Draft
- FERC Agenda JUN 1 2016
- Brattle JUN 1 2016
- View all documents »
- RED-Rochester advances coal-to-gas conversion at New York facility | GenerationHub
- Appeals court suspends Clean Power Plan schedule - temporarily | GenerationHub
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones | GenerationHub
- ISO New England files interconnect for Exelon's 207-MW West Medway expansion | GenerationHub
- AEP’s Kentucky Power completes Big Sandy conversion to natural gas | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Red Butte Windfarm Project||ND||Wind|
|Five Points Solar Park||CA||Solar|
|Hancock Wind Plant||ME||Wind|
|White Oak Solar LLC||GA||Solar|
|Panda Liberty Generation Plant||PA||Gas|
|Antelope Big Sky Ranch LLC||CA||Solar|