Talen Energy (NYSE:TLN) and the other owners of the Colstrip power plant have reached a settlement agreement in a lawsuit filed in Montana state court over a comprehensive agreement with the Montana Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) regarding disposal of coal combustion residuals.
FirstEnergy (NYSE:FE) and its FirstEnergy Solutions subsidiary will shut down or sell certain coal-fired capacity at two of its Ohio plants in response to challenging market conditions, the company said early July 22.
Talen Energy (NYSE:TLN) is currently looking at layoffs of roughly 130 people employee at certain power plants and a company office in Pennsylvania, according to an online posting by the International Brotherhood of Electric Workers (IBEW) Local 1600.
- View all »
- Santee Cooper Board approves 2016C bond sale
- Electric grid operators forecast load shapes to plan electricity...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for July 22, 2016
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot July 22, 2016
- Dangerous heat continues through much of nation
- FERC Seeks Comment on Critical Infrastructure Protection Reliability...
- FERC Issues Final Rule Directing NERC to Develop a New or Modified...
- Notice of Intent: Wave Energy Test Facility Inside U.S. Waters...
- FERC, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Sign MOU on Hydropower Development...
- FERC Proposes Revised Reporting Requirements, Streamlined Data...
- View all news »
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones | GenerationHub
- Relax: It was just a nuclear emergency ‘drill’ | GenerationHub
- NRC sets Aug. 31 open house to discuss AEP’s Cook nuclear plant | GenerationHub
- Golden Spread wants to add another 606 MW at Antelope Elk | GenerationHub
- Lucky Corridor lines up wind project customer base for N.M. power line project | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Michigan Wind 3||MI||Wind|
|Old Settler Wind||TX||Wind|
|Cotton Plains Wind||TX||Wind|
|Union Bridge Solar Facility||MD||Solar|