An Advanced Power company has announced plans to build a 1,100-MW natural gas power plant in Columbiana County, Ohio.
There was an Oct. 6 status conference at the Louisiana Public Service Commission about an application from three Entergy subsidiaries for approval of the 980-MW St. Charles Energy Center, with the administrative law judge handling the case then issuing an order laying out the case schedule.
The Center for Biological Diversity, Center for Environmental Health and Neighbors for Clean Air have sued the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for allegedly failing to enforce air quality standards that limit dangerous particulate pollution from coal-fired power plants, cars and other sources in several Western states.
- View all »
- With increased regulation, continued decline in residual fuel...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Oct. 9, 2015
- Grid reliability, reactor issues on agenda for NRC, FERC
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Oct. 9, 2015
- Isolated severe thunderstorms possible for parts of Mid-Atlantic...
- Patriot Coal Plan Of Reorganization Confirmed By Court
- NRDC report charts the fall of coal, rise of renewables in the...
- Basin Electric’s Dry Fork plant to host CO2 test center
- FERC issues Sunshine Notice (Agenda) for October 15, 2015 Open...
- Southern Company, AGL Resources file request with Illinois regulators...
- View all news »
- Court OCT 9 2015 Patriot Coal Order
- Ill EPA OCT 7 2015 US Steel Summary
- Ill EPA OCT 7 2015 US Steel Draft
- PJM OCT 9 2015 Lackawanna ISA
- Tennessee Gas OCT 9 2015 App
- Basin Electric MAR 31 2015 Brief
- Basin Electric OCT 9 2015 Minnesota PR
- La PSC OCT 7 2015 St Charles Status
- Entergy AUG 25 2015 DeGeorge Test
- Entergy AUG 25 2015 Breedlove Test
- View all documents »
- Texas agency nears permits on 3,400 MW, gas-fired project | GenerationHub
- Panasonic Eco Solutions, Coronal acquire California solar portfolio | GenerationHub
- Kentucky Utilities, Louisville seek approval of 700-MW gas project | GenerationHub
- Apex kicks off review process for 201-MW wind project in New York | GenerationHub
- Dynegy clears Justice, FTC reviews of power plant buys | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|JBS Food Canada Inc.||AB||Gas|
|Rhode Island State Energy Partners||RI||Gas|
|Garden Prairie Energy Facility||IL||Gas|
|Five Forks Solar LLC||NC||Solar|
|Springbok Solar Farm 2||CA||Solar|
|Springbok Solar Farm 1||CA||Solar|
|Rockfish Solar LLC||MD||Wind|
|Swisher Wind Energy Project||TX||Wind|