New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on July 29 announced that $250m is available to fund large-scale clean energy generation projects such as wind farms, fuel cells and biomass facilities.
Southern (NYSE:SO) CEO Tom Fanning cited major flaws in the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Clean Power Plan for CO2 reduction and also tried to dampen speculation the company might be announcing plans for another nuclear plant.
Southern (NYSE:SO) CEO Tom Fanning said July 30 that utility subsidiary Mississippi Power is entering the home stretch in construction of the 582-MW Kemper County Integrated Gasification Combined-cycle (IGCC) project.
- Oil prices drive projected enhanced oil recovery using carbon...
- Flood risk seen in Oklahoma while East continues to be unusually...
- Dominion announces second-quarter 2014 earnings
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot July 30, 2014
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for July 30, 2014
- Wisconsin Energy posts 2014 second quarter and first half results...
- Trina Solar rebuts Commerce Dept. 'antidumping' findings
- Entergy reports second quarter 2014 earnings
- Opponents, supporters talk power plant clean air rules
- Exelon to finance Bloom Energy fuel cell projects
- View all news »
- NYSERDA JUL 2014 RFP Overview
- Cuomo JUL 29 2014 Renewables PR
- Pa Governor JUL 30 2014 CO2 Plan PR
- PJM JUL 30 2014 Syncarpha WMPA
- Oregon DEQ JUL 2014 Coyote Island Notice
- PJM JUL 30 2014 Wabash Jay County WMPA
- Vertellus APR 11 2014 Maywood PR
- INOVATEUS SOLAR JUL 30 2014 PR
- Alberta JUL 29 2014 ATCO Notice
- Southern Slides JUL 30 2014
- View all documents »
- CO2, coal retirements, increased natural gas generation among issues at GenForum | GenerationHub
- Dominion CEO updates progress on Va. gas plants; talks CO2 proposal | GenerationHub
- FERC says it's working with EPA on Clean Power Plan | GenerationHub
- NextEra cites record refueling outage for Seabrook | GenerationHub
- Group challenges California okay for Pio Pico gas project | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|International Paper Courtland Mill||AL||Bio/Gas|
|Headwaters Wind Farm||IN||Wind|
|Quinto Solar Project||CA||Solar|
|Bison 4 Wind Energy Center||ND||Wind|
|Hartford Hospital Cogeneration||CT||Gas|
|Rising Tree Wind Farm||CA||Wind|
|Tucannon River Wind Farm||WA||Wind|