The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission at its May 28 meeting will be looking at an application from Aurora Distributed Solar LLC for a total of 100 MW (ac) of solar capacity, spread around at a number of project sites, to provide solar energy to meet Xcel Energy’s needs in the 2017-2019 timeframe.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has referred issues raised by Friends of the Earth (FOE) concerning agency oversight of seismic safety at the Pacific Gas & Electric (PGE) (NYSE:PCG) Diablo Canyon nuclear plant the Atomic Safety and Licensing Board (ASLB) panel.
Ahead of June public hearings, there is an argument ongoing at the Idaho Public Utilities Commission over whether solar power developer Ecoplexus Inc. can be granted a late intervention in cases where the commission is considering severe limits on renewable energy qualifying facility projects requested by PacifiCorp and Idaho Power.
- View all »
- Talen Energy Management to Conduct Initial Webcast June 1
- PJM schedules June 17 conference on gas/electric interoperability...
- FERC Seeks Comments on Reliability Standard for Transmission...
- Piedmont Natural Gas Announces 2nd Quarter 2015 Earnings Conference...
- Pa. Gov. Wolf nominates Andrew Place for PUC
- Energy Department Announces $32 Million to Boost Solar Workforce...
- PJM Explores Gas/Electric Interoperability At Grid 20/20 Forum...
- FERC Approves Final Settlement in 2011 Southwest Blackout Case...
- Severe weather possible on Tuesday
- Under Clean Power Plan, power sector CO2 emissions fall to lowest...
- View all news »
- Accion MAY 26 2015 Wind RFI Report
- Accion MAY 26 2015 Wind Cover Letter
- LaCapra MAY 26 2015 Wind Cover Letter
- LaCapra MAY 26 2015 Wind Memo
- NRC ASLB FOE MAY 21 2015
- WV PSC MAY 26 2015 APCo WPCo Order
- Iowa DNR MAY 2015 Ames Fact Sheet
- Iowa DNR MAY 2015 Ames Engineering
- Mitsubishi MAY 26 2015 Greensville PR
- FirstEnergy MAY 26 2015 Beaver Valley PR
- View all documents »
- PJM evaluates expansion of gas-fired Zion Energy Center in Illinois | GenerationHub
- Only five of 99 nuclear units remain offline | GenerationHub
- Murray Energy makes sweeping coal mine layoffs in Ohio, Illinois and West Virginia | GenerationHub
- Moundsville Power makes changes to gas-fired power project in West Virginia | GenerationHub
- EIA weighs in on impact of EPA Clean Power Plan | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Rolette Wind Power Project||ND||Wind|
|Hooper Solar Project||CO||Solar|
|Blythe Green 1||CA||Solar|
|Fort Frances Cogeneration Project||ON||Gas|