Georgia Power filed a Sept. 1 update with the Georgia Public Service Commission about its progress so far on a series of environmental control projects on coal-fired units in order to comply with various clean-air rules, including the federal Mercury and Air Toxics Standards.
South Mississippi Electric on Sept. 3 announced plans to grow its renewable energy portfolio through an agreement with Origis Energy USA, with electricity to be generated at a 52-MW solar energy facility near Sumrall in Lamar County, Miss.
Florida Power & Light on Aug. 25 was issued a final air construction permit from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection for a major revamp of its gas-fired Lauderdale Plant.
- View all »
- Innovative Solar Systems says it will be an independent power...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Sept. 4, 2015
- Strong thunderstorms possible for portions of the Great Lake...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Sept. 4, 2015
- Pennsylvania PUC notes passing of past Chairman Linda C. Taliaferro...
- DOE Announces Webinars on Analysis in Clean Energy Manufacturing...
- South Mississippi Electric to add to its solar energy portfolio...
- FPL files to reduce rates, expand energy efficiency programs
- Appalachian Power files to build transmission improvements in...
- NextEra Energy and NextEra Energy Partners to present at the...
- View all news »
- Shawboro SEP 3 2015 Solar App
- STB AUG 31 2015 Arizona Electric Order
- STB AUG 31 2015 Six County Decision
- STB SEP 8 2015 Six County Rail Notice
- FPL APR 1 2015 Ten Year Plan
- Fla DEP AUG 25 2015 Lauderdale Permit2
- Fla DEP AUG 25 2015 Lauderdale Permit
- Georgia Power SEP 1 2015 Enviro Update
- South Mississippi SEP 3 2015 Solar PR
- NRC SEP 3 2015 Mid-Cycle PR
- View all documents »
- Florida Power and Light gets permit for partial repower of Lauderdale plant | GenerationHub
- NRG seeks approval of gas pipeline for Dunkirk conversion | GenerationHub
- Panda Sherman Power II seeks permits for simple-cycle peaker in Texas | GenerationHub
- Hitachi to supply SCR catalyst to American Electric Power | GenerationHub
- GE introduces new distributed power gas engine | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Rocksprings Val Verde Wind LLC||TX||Wind|
|Central Antelope Dry Ranch C||CA||Solar|
|Magic Valley Wind Farm II||TX||Wind|
|Big Level Wind LLC||PA||Wind|
|San Isabel Solar Project||CO||Solar|