The members of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on July 2 approved a Florida Power & Light buy of the 250-MW Cedar Bay coal plant, which FPL then intends to retire.
NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE) utility Florida Power & Light (FPL) said July 2 that it plans to add a new 1,600-MW combined-cycle natural gas plant, FPL Okeechobee, to its fleet in 2019. FPL expects to build the proposed new facility for a cost of approximately $670 per kilowatt.
Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt has announced that his office has filed suit against the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), saying that the Clean Power Plan would fundamentally restructure the generation, transmission, and regulation of electricity in a way that would harm the state.
- View all »
- Libra Named Site Vice President at Exelon Limerick Generating...
- NRC cuts nuclear oversight fees for FY 2015, NEI notes
- AWEA excited about White House targeting 20% non-hydro renewables...
- Gulf Power marks closing of Scholz coal plant
- Florida consumers using more renewable energy, Florida PSC finds...
- TVA identifies preferred route for Rickman transmission line
- Renewable Energy Storage Project Near Desert Center Advances
- PG&E sets July 29 earnings call
- AEP-PSO asks for rate hike, cites EPA costs
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for July 2, 2015
- View all news »
- Golden West JUL 2 2015 App
- FERC JUL 2 2015 Cedar Bay Order
- TVA EA JUL 1 2015
- California Power Water JUN 29 2015
- Oklahoma EPA CPP Suit JUL 1 2015
- Next Generation Solar MAY 8 2015 App
- Next Generation Solar MAY 8 2015 Vandal
- Iberdrola JUL 2 2015 Deerfield Wind PR
- AEP Texas JUL 2 2015 La Paloma SGIA
- AEP Texas JUL 2 2015 Duke Solar LGIA
- View all documents »
- Regulator rejects Iberdrola plan to buy Connecticut utility | GenerationHub
- Dominion tries to protect coal units in Clean Power Plan compliance work | GenerationHub
- FPL plans to add new 1,600-MW combined-cycle gas power plant | GenerationHub
- Two Cane Run coal units being retired as new gas unit comes on-line | GenerationHub
- Florida consumers using more renewable energy, Florida PSC finds | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Milford Flat Solar Plant||UT||Solar|
|Sandoval County Solar Energy Project||NM||Solar|
|Looper Bridge Solar Facility Phase 3 Expansion||GA||Solar|
|Bladen Solar LLC||NC||Solar|
|Virginia Offshore Wind Technology Advancement Project||VA||Wind|
|Palm Beach Renewable Energy 2||FL||Gas|