New England’s annual capacity auction concluded Feb. 8 with sufficient resources to meet demand in 2019-2020, at a lower price, and with more than 1,400 MW of new capacity that will help replace recently retired and retiring generators, said ISO New England.
PSEG Power Connecticut announced Feb. 11 that it has cleared 485 MW of Installed Summer Capacity from a new gas-fired combined-cycle plant in the ISO New England Forward Capacity Auction.
NRG Energy (NYSE: NRG) on Feb. 11 announced that its Canal 3 development project, a 333-MW gas turbine peaker, cleared the ISO New England tenth forward capacity auction at a price of $7.03/Kw-month.
- View all »
- Ritch to continue as board chair at the Tennessee Valley Authority...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report Feb. 11, 2016
- Gestamp Solar gets new investor, changes name to X-ELIO
- Daley joins Burns & McDonnell as head of power gen projects
- Former FERC chairman Wellinghoff joins kWantera board
- FirstEnergy to Webcast Fourth Quarter Earnings Teleconference...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Feb. 10, 2016
- Duke Energy Florida offers bonds related to Crystal River nuclear...
- FERC to convene a Technical Conference on Implementation Issues...
- U.S. mining and exploration investment declined 35% in 2015
- View all news »
- ETT FEB 11 2016 RE Maplewood SGIA2.PDF
- ETT FEB 11 2016 RE Maplewood SGIA.PDF
- Exelon FEB 1 2016 West Medway Report
- NRG DEC 3 2015 Canal 3 Petition
- NRG DEC 3 2015 Canal 3 Petition Cover
- Massachusetts FEB 10 2016 NRG Notice
- Morien FEB 11 2016 Donkin Update
- Tampa Electric FEB 11 2016 Solar PR
- sPower FEB 11 2016 Sandstone Solar PR
- NRG FEB 11 2016 Canal 3 PR
- View all documents »
- Troutdale Energy drops application for 652-MW project in Oregon | GenerationHub
- IMG gets final air permits on four gas-fired power projects in Pennsylvania | GenerationHub
- PJM works out interconnect with EDP for 100-MW Pennsylvania wind project | GenerationHub
- New California report offers updates on power development issues | GenerationHub
- PSEG clears new gas-fired unit in Connecticut that will replace existing coal unit | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Grant Plains Wind, LLC||OK||Wind|
|Aksamit Wind Project||NE||Wind|
|South Plains II||TX||Wind|
|Moxie Freedom Generation Plant||PA||Gas|