The Entergy subsidiary serving New Orleans has filed an application with New Orleans City Council to develop a $216m natural gas generation project at its existing Michoud site in an industrial area on the eastern edge of the city.
Saying it lacks jurisdiction, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on July 1 rejected a preliminary permit application from Rivertec Partners LLC for the Lincoln Hydroelectric Project, to be located at the Libby Dam in Montana.
The Midcontinent Independent System Operator on July 1 filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission a Generator Interconnection Agreement with Prairie Wind Energy LLC and interconnecting transmission owner ITC Midwest LLC for a 169-MW wind project.
- View all »
- DOE Grants Funds to Ohio EPA for Portsmouth Site Cleanup Oversight...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot July 1, 2016
- Fossil fuels still dominate U.S. energy consumption despite...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for July 1, 2016
- Storms could bring hail to Central Plains
- Southern Company and AGL Resources complete merger, create a...
- Pattern Energy Commits to Acquire 324 MW Broadview Wind Power...
- PG&E Corporation Schedules Second Quarter 2016 Earnings Release...
- Canadian nuclear group applauds inclusion of nuclear as clean...
- CONSOL Energy Announces Second Quarter 2016 Earnings Release...
- View all news »
- EPA JUN 30 2016 Louisiana SO2 Findings
- Sierra Club JUL 1 2016 Louisiana PR
- Entergy NO PR JUN 20 2016
- National Grid JUN 30 2016 Wind Line PR
- Entergy NO FACTS JUN 20 2016
- Missouri Basin JUN 30 2016 IRP
- Sierra Club JUL 1 2016 Missouri PR
- EPA JUN 30 2016 Missouri SO2 Findings
- EPA JUN 30 2016 Maryland SO2 Doc
- MDE 2016 SO2 Report
- View all documents »
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for July 1, 2016 | GenerationHub
- NRG delays planned deactivations for five Maryland coal units for another year | GenerationHub
- Alberta commission kind of okays 197-MW addition to Calgary Energy Centre | GenerationHub
- AEP works out interconnect for 150-MW SunEdison project in Texas | GenerationHub
- Pattern Energy readies for dropdown of wind and solar projects | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Prairie Wind Energy LLC||IA||Wind|
|Hunter Creek Hydro Project||BC||Hydro|
|Red Butte Windfarm Project||ND||Wind|
|Five Points Solar Park||CA||Solar|
|Hancock Wind Plant||ME||Wind|
|White Oak Solar LLC||GA||Solar|