Drift Sand Wind Project LLC on July 27 requested that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission issue an order under which it will sell electric energy, capacity, and ancillary services at market-based rates.
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality is taking comment on its intent to approve an air permit revision sought by the Salt River Project that would require either the installation of selective catalytic reduction on the coal-fired Coronado Unit 1 or the unit's eventual shutdown.
Despite its coal-heavy image, Southern (NYSE:SO) got only 27% of its energy mix from coal during the first half of 2016, which is down from 34% during the first half of 2015. Meanwhile the company is continuing to develop a slew of renewable projects both in its regulated service areas as well as locations outside its Southeast base.
- View all »
- Many industries use combined heat and power to improve energy...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for July 27, 2016
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot July 27, 2016
- Southeast, West continue to swelter
- WEC Energy Group posts second-quarter results
- Peabody Energy Reaches Agreement With States On Financial Assurances...
- PNM Resources Board Declares Quarterly Common Stock Dividend
- Alpha Natural Resources Successfully Emerges From Bankruptcy
- Energy Department Releases New Hydropower Vision Report and $...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot July 26, 2016
- View all news »
- Duke Carolinas JUL 27 2016 Solar Agree
- FERC JUL 27 2016 Northern Access Notice
- Drift Sand Wind JUL 27 2016 MBR App
- SC Electric JUL 18 2016 Ridgeland App
- Indiana URC JUL 18 2016 NIPSCO Order
- Southern Slides JUL 27 2016
- TVA JUL 2016 Selmer North I Draft EA
- Kendall Farm JUL 26 2016 App
- Colorado PUC PR JUN 28 2016
- Brick City Solar JUL 27 2016 App
- View all documents »
- Connecticut council signs off on 485-MW Bridgeport Harbor project | GenerationHub
- Calpine pushes back commercial ops start of Guadalupe project by one year | GenerationHub
- Texas agency nears permits on 3,400 MW, gas-fired project | GenerationHub
- RED-Rochester advances coal-to-gas conversion at New York facility | GenerationHub
- Alaska university changes plans for coal boiler replacement | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Owatonna Energy Station||MN||Gas|
|CPV Towantic Energy Center||CT||Gas|
|Slender Branch Solar||NC||Solar|
|Crooked Run Solar LLC||NC||Solar|
|Tuscola Wind III LLC||MI||Wind|
|Apple Blossom Wind Farm||MI||Wind|