Like Idaho Power before it, PacifiCorp on March 2 asked the Idaho Public Utility Commission for relief from a "flood" of small power qualifying facility requests that the utility says will drive up costs for ratepayers.
Calpine Corp. argued on March 2 at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission in defense of the Midcontinent ISO, saying MISO's extension of a deadline to add new gas-fired capacity at Calpine's Mankato power plant didn't unfairly hurt new wind capacity competing in the MISO queue.
Berkshire Hathaway utilities serve regulated retail customers in eleven states. “No utility company stretches further,” according to the document. “In addition, we are a leader in renewables: From a standing start ten years ago, BHE now accounts for 6% of the country’s wind generation capacity and 7% of its solar generation capacity.”
- View all »
- Public hearing to discuss water discharge permit for new Vogtle...
- Entergy Indian Point 3 shuts down for refueling
- Limerick Unit 1 operating at full power
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot March 2, 2015
- Heavy snow expected in Southern Rockies, heavy rain for portions...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for March 2, 2015
- NRC has increased oversight of Palisades nuclear plant
- Basin Electric is projecting continued load growth out to 2035...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Feb. 27, 2015
- Unsettled weather moving into the western and central states
- View all news »
- Dominion FEB 27 2015 Solar Contracts6
- Dominion FEB 27 2015 Solar Contracts5
- Dominion FEB 27 2015 Solar Contracts4
- Dominion FEB 27 2015 Solar Contracts3
- Dominion FEB 27 2015 Solar Contracts2
- Dominion FEB 27 2015 Solar Contracts
- VEPCO FEB 27 2015 Rogers Testimony.PDF
- VEPCO FEB 27 2015 Workman Testimony.PDF
- Optim Energy MAR 2 2015 Notice
- APCo MAR 2 2015 ENEC App
- View all documents »
- Polar vortex sequel hasn’t been as hard on energy markets, ICF finds | GenerationHub
- Cornell University permits two new dual-fuel boilers | GenerationHub
- Parties argue Clean Power Plan legality at federal appeals court | GenerationHub
- Great Plains Energy celebrates completion of La Cygne emissions project | GenerationHub
- Oklahoma Gas & Electric pursues approval for clean-air plan | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Mineville Energy Storage Project||NY||Hydro PS|
|Elgin Energy Center LLC||IL||Gas|
|Columbia Energy Center||MO||Gas|