The U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania announced Oct. 21 that the president and owner of power plant developer North American Power Group Ltd. has pleaded guilty in federal court to a charge of filing a False Claim against the United States.
Nuclear plant retirements are already hurting United States efforts to reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions, a Brattle Group official told a nuclear conference Oct. 24 in Washington, D.C.
The Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) was closing the Fort Calhoun nuclear plant on Oct. 24 after 43 years of electric generation. Fort Calhoun is the smallest nuclear unit in North America.
- View all »
- Southern, TVA sign mutual aid agreement to help restore power...
- Dominion Virginia Power Sets Multiple Energy-Use Records
- Pattern Energy to Host 2016 Third Quarter Results Conference...
- Cleco Corporate Holdings LLC President and CEO to speak at S...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Oct. 24, 2016
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Oct. 24, 2016
- Stormy weather pattern for the Western U.S. this week
- Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc. To Announce Third Quarter...
- View Point on Capacity Performance Seasonal Resources
- Life-Cycle Analysis Shows Potential for Almost 70% Greenhouse...
- View all news »
- Idaho Power OCT 21 2016 North Valmy PR
- Idaho Power OCT 21 2016 North Valmy App.PDF
- Invenergy OCT 24 2016 Long Island PR
- Highest Power Solar OCT 24 2016 App
- Applied Energy OCT 24 2016 MBR App
- PJM OCT 24 2016 Dynegy Fayette ISA
- Ruffatto OCT 21 2016 Plea
- US Attorney OCT 21 2016 Ruffatto PR
- Corps OCT 24 2016 Hydro Green Notice
- Dominion VP OCT 24 2016 Usage PR
- View all documents »
- Dominion's 60-MW Summit Farms Solar project due for startup in November | GenerationHub
- Federal judge orders EPA to assess job losses from Clean Air Act actions | GenerationHub
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones | GenerationHub
- Connecticut council eyes decision by Feb. 13 on NTE's 550-MW Killingly project | GenerationHub
- NRG delays planned deactivations for five Maryland coal units for another year | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Grande Prairie Wind Farm||NE||Wind|
|Oslo Wind (Novus IV)||OK||Wind|
|Moapa Southern Paiute||NV||Solar|
|Blythe Solar III, LLC||CA||Solar|
|Blythe Solar IV, LLC||CA||Solar|