The weather outside is frightful, especially for November, in many parts of the country and that’s probably one reason that the futures price for natural gas is higher than it’s been in a long while.
The bankruptcy court for Energy Future Holdings and certain of its subsidiary companies on Nov. 20 approved a request to allow the companies to terminate Mitsubishi’s part of a joint venture deal for two stalled nuclear units at the Comanche Peak power plant.
New England should have sufficient resources in place this winter to meet consumer demand for electricity, said ISO New England, the operator of the region’s bulk power system and wholesale electricity markets.
- View all »
- Pacific Gas and Electric cited over natural gas explosion in...
- California commission fines Pacific Gas and Electric over improper...
- Consumers Energy Company Announces Extension of Early Participation...
- Walmart to add 400 new solar projects over the next four years...
- UGI Energy Services completes two gas pipeline projects
- Dairyland Power Cooperative names Nick as new President and...
- November mega-snow isn’t over yet
- Farley 2 in Alabama returns from refueling
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Nov. 21, 2014
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Nov. 21, 2014
- View all news »
- Energy Future OCT 30 2014 Comanche App
- Court NOV 20 2014 Comanche Order
- Greenfield Wind SEP 2014 Brief
- NorthWestern OCT 23 2014 Greenfield Brief.PDF
- Mont PSC NOV 21 2014 Greenfield Wind Notice
- Thunder Mt Wind MAY 2009 App Intro
- BC EAO NOV 20 2014 Thunder Mt Wind Order
- Thunder Mt Wind May 2009 App
- BC EAO DEC 2009 Thunder Mt. Wind Order
- Calif PUC NOV 20 2014 San Onofre PR
- View all documents »
- Duke Energy nears air permit for 1,640-MW Citrus Combined Cycle Project | GenerationHub
- Gas price hits $4.49/mmBtu as November cold blast continues | GenerationHub
- NRG Texas Power seeks air permits for Texas power plant additions | GenerationHub
- Canadian Solar reports on status of various Canadian, U.S. projects | GenerationHub
- Alberta commission seeks input on 20-MW gas project of Genalta | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|