Southern (NYSE:SO) CEO Tom Fanning laid some broad hints recently that the Atlanta-based utility holding company intends to pursue an additional new nuclear power plant.
Texas power and transmission company Energy Future Holdings Corp., which entered Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in April to reorganize around a pre-packaged plan, said in a July 24 SEC filing now it now intends to put assets formally up for sale.
American Electric Power (NYSE:AEP) CEO Nick Akins said July 25 that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Clean Power Plan is “too aggressive” in its timeline for making dramatic reduction to carbon dioxide emissions.
- View all »
- NRC seeks comment on potential changes to radiation protection...
- California ISO gets credit ratings bump to A+
- Sen. Franken: EPA may scale back renewable energy cuts
- U.S. exports coal power to Germany
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot July 25, 2014
- Severe storms possible for many regions
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for July 25, 2014
- AEP Reports 16 Percent Increase in 2014 Second-Quarter GAAP...
- Braidwood nuclear plant declares, terminates unusual event
- Duke Energy realigns organization and senior roles
- View all news »
- Cliffs Natural JUL 24 2014 Glass PR
- Cliffs Natural JUL 23 2014 Earnings PR
- FERC JUL 25 2014 Haiwee Ridge Notice
- Georgia PSC JUL 17 2014 Albany Green Order
- Court JUL 22 2014 Alex Energy Order
- WildEarth JUL 24 2014 Coal Lease PR
- Sightline JUL 2014 Coal Report
- Alberta JUL 23 2014 Encana Exemption
- SoCal Edison JUL 25 2014 Windhub Solar
- AEP 2Q JUL 25 2014
- View all documents »
- New England Power does deal for 30-MW offshore wind project | GenerationHub
- Arch Coal idles Cumberland River complex | GenerationHub
- Intermountain Power, Union Pacific settling coal rate dispute | GenerationHub
- Oxford wins $19.5m from Big Rivers Electric in coal dispute | GenerationHub
- PJM works out interim deal for newest Dominion power project | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Milton L Kapp||IA||Coal|
|Smithton Generating Station||PA||Gas|
|Pleasant Hill PV1||NC||Solar|