The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on Sept. 30 approved a Consumers Energy buy of a gas-fired power plant in Michigan from J.P. Morgan.
While greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from power plants have decreased significantly since 2010, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) blames a 2013 uptick in coal plant use for an emission increase last year.
The U.S. Department of Energy has issued a draft solicitation that would provide up to $12.6bn in loan guarantees for Advanced Nuclear Energy Projects, supporting the Obama Administration’s all-of-the-above energy strategy.
- View all »
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Oct. 1, 2014
- PG&E earnings conference call set for Oct. 28
- California’s subhourly wholesale electricity market opens...
- Severe thunderstorms possible across much of eastern Plains
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Sept. 30, 2014
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Sept. 30, 2014
- FERC Authorizes Cove Point LNG Export Project
- EPA approves ADM carbon sequestration permit in Illinois
- Xcel Energy energizes Texas segment of 'Power for the Plains...
- GE, Alstom to equip natural gas combined cycle power plant for...
- View all news »
- SCANA SEP 25 2014
- Court SEP 30 2014 Fola Coal Order
- Mich DEQ SEP 29 2014 Simon Statement
- Mich DEQ SEP 29 2014 Simon Draft
- Mich DEQ SEP 29 2014 Simon Notice
- NCUC SEP 30 2014 Aspen Solar Order
- NCUC SEP 30 2014 Hickory Solar Order
- NCUC SEP 30 2014 Sweetgum Solar Order
- NCUC SEP 30 2014 McCullen Solar Order
- NCUC SEP 30 2014 Spring Valley 2 Order
- View all documents »
- NIPSCO seeks air permit change for two Schahfer scrubbers | GenerationHub
- Texas governor Rick Perry signs new energy efficient CHP policy | GenerationHub
- Murray Energy now the biggest Pittsburgh-seam coal producer | GenerationHub
- KKR to invest in ACCIONA's worldwide renewable energy portfolio | GenerationHub
- Tenaska Brownsville works on permit for up-to 800-MW plant | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|AV Solar Ranch One||CA||Solar|
|Miami Wind Energy Center||TX||Wind|
|Wolf Hollow I LP||TX||Gas|
|Solar Star 2||CA||Solar|
|Roundtop Energy LLC||PA||Gas|
|Parklands Landfill Solar||NJ||Solar|