The Iowa Utilities Board on Aug. 26 approved ratemaking principles for the 2,000-MW Wind XI construction program of MidAmerican Energy.
Southern Co. subsidiary Southern Power on Aug. 29 announced the acquisition of the 147-MW Grant Plains wind facility in Oklahoma from Apex Clean Energy.
Drift Sand Wind Project LLC, developer of a project in Oklahoma, filed an Aug. 26 application with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for acceptance of its market-based rate schedule and FERC Electric Tariff.
- View all »
- Pacific Gas and Electric seeks renewable energy proposals
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Aug. 26, 2016
- Hot weather in Northwest, severe storms possible for South,...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Aug. 26, 2016
- Great Plains, Westar schedule shareholder meetings on merger
- Duke Energy board names former INPO leader Bill Webster as new...
- FPL is monitoring Invest 99L and preparing for potential severe...
- DOE Seeks Projects to Advance Carbon Dioxide Utilization from...
- Monthly U.S. renewable electricity generation in 2016 surpasses...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Aug. 25, 2016
- View all news »
- Southwest Research AUG 29 2016 PR
- MidAmerican AUG 26 2016 Wind XI PR
- Iowa Board AUG 26 2016 Wind XI Approval
- Tropico Nicolis AUG 29 2016 Appendix B
- Tropico Nicolis AUG 29 2016 App
- SunEdison AUG 26 2016 Asset Sale App
- Drift Sand Wind AUG 26 2016 App
- CXA Sundevil I AUG 26 2016 MBR App
- EPA AUG 30 2016 Cane Run Notice
- Southern AUG 29 2016 Grant Plains Wind PR
- View all documents »
- Gas-fired power projects make news in August 2016 | GenerationHub
- FERC okays power asset side of Alcoa reorganization plan | GenerationHub
- RED-Rochester advances coal-to-gas conversion at New York facility | GenerationHub
- Developer works on up-to-740-MW Texas gas project | GenerationHub
- NRG seeks Texas approval to buy power plant being moved from Mississippi | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Grand View PV Solar Two||ID||Solar|
|Valley Electric Association Community Solar Project||NV||Solar|
|Big Silver Creek||BC||Hydro|
|Coyote Wind LLC||TX||Wind|
|Dermott Wind LLC||TX||Wind|
|Chocolate Bayou Wind I LLC||TX||Wind|
|Wolverine Solar LLC||NC||Solar|
|Hessong Bridge Solar Facility||MD||Solar|