Georgia Power told the Georgia Public Service Commission in a March 2 quarterly update that it is making progress on installation of new air emissions controls on much of its coal-fired capacity.
The Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) said in a draft resource document issued March 5 that its traditional ways of overseeing the electric grid are going to have to change with the times. MISO makes it clear that changes are necessary in a system with a smaller reserve margin, less coal-fired resources, more reliance on natural gas and load reduction measures.
The owner of the Middle Energy Center has asked for a slightly faster deactivation schedule for three units, said PJM Interconnection in the March 3 edition of its list of pending power plant deactivations in the PJM region.
- View all »
- NRC to begin full certification review of APR 1400 reactor
- ISO to add Puget Sound Energy to the Energy Imbalance Market...
- Nautilus Solar hires Alvarez as v.p. of asset management
- SunEdison acquires assets of Solar Grid Storage
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot March 5, 2015
- Winter storm stretches the Mexican Border in Texas to southern...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for March 5, 2015
- U.S. Natural Gas Production in February Increases 1% Versus...
- FirstEnergy nuclear power unit names new president
- Michigan Democrats seek 20 percent renewable power by 2022
- View all news »
- Sierra Club MAR 4 2015 IRP Brief
- CenterPoint NOV 14 2013 Friendswood.PDF
- CenterPoint MAR 5 2015 Friendswood.PDF
- CPV Towantic March 3 2015 Comments
- James River Coal MAR 5 2015 Sale Motion
- Walter Energy MAR 5 2015 NYSE PR
- Coffeyville FEB 10 2015 Agenda
- Wartsila MAR 4 2015 Coffeyville PR
- Ares Capital MAR 5 2015 PR
- PJM MAR 3 2015 Pending Deactivate List
- View all documents »
- Georgia Power wraps up some air controls, readies coal unit shutdowns | GenerationHub
- MISO looks toward future with changing fleet; smaller reserve margin | GenerationHub
- NRG is zero for three on moving forward with gas-fired projects in California | GenerationHub
- FERC accepts interconnect construction deals for two N.C. solar projects | GenerationHub
- Alabama Power permits gas use at coal-fired Gaston Unit 5 | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Desert Quartzite Solar Project||CA||Solar|
|Whitakers Solar Park||NC||Solar|
|Mount Signal V||CA||Solar|
|Mount Signal II||CA||Solar|
|Borden Solar Farm||CA||Solar|
|Cork Oak Solar LLC||NC||Solar|
|Sunflower Solar LLC||NC||Solar|
|Copper Mountain Solar 4||NV||Solar|