Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association on July 31 filed an "emergency" motion with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit requesting court action by Sept. 1 to suspend one of the compliance obligations of the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards for Tri-State’s 110-MW Nucla coal plant.
NRG Energy (NYSE:NRG) President and CEO David Crane is not yet looking to split the conventional generation and “green” energy sectors of the major independent power producer. Crane made his comments during an Aug. 4 earnings conference call. The CEO was responding to a financial analyst question.
In January, Northern States Power-Minnesota filed a resource plan with the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission, proposing to achieve a 40% reduction in carbon emissions by 2030 from 2005 levels through the addition of renewables, continued commitment to critical infrastructure protection annual achievements and the continued operation of some existing thermal generation.
- View all »
- Vermont's largest electric, gas utilities like power plan
- Sempra Energy Reports Second-Quarter 2015 Earnings
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Aug. 4, 2015
- Elevated fire weather conditions persist on Tuesday
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Aug. 4, 2015
- EEI Statement on EPA's Clean Power Plan
- Statement by Secretary Moniz on Release of Final Clean Power...
- Otter Tail announces 2Q earnings
- PACE Says EPA's Clean Power Plan Would Raise Consumer Costs,...
- N.C.'s Electric Cooperatives Evaluating Impact of EPA's Clean...
- View all news »
- Minn DOC JUL 6 2015 NSP Resource Brief
- Corps JUL 30 2015 Oak Grove Notice
- SoCal Edison AUG 4 2015 Copper Mt 4
- FERC AUG 3 2015 Honorable CPP PR
- InterGen AUG 4 2015 Mexico Project PR
- Tucson Electric AUG 3 2015 Clean Power PR
- Westmoreland AUG 4 2015 Kemmerer PR
- Duke Florida JUL 31 2015 Enviro Filing
- Florida Power JUL 31 2015 Enviro Filing
- TVA Quarter AUG 4 2015
- View all documents »
- Final EPA Clean Power Plan seeks 32% CO2 cut by 2030 | GenerationHub
- United States could slip from top tier of nuclear leaders, speakers warn conference | GenerationHub
- Clean Energy Future-Lordstown argues for quick approval of 800-MW Ohio project | GenerationHub
- PJM works on interconnect for 20-MW IMG gas-fired project in Pennsylvania | GenerationHub
- New Hampshire governor signs bill allowing Eversource power plant sale | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Panda Temple Power Station||TX||Gas|
|Solar Star Blythe Mesa I Project||CA||Solar|
|Stanton Energy Center||FL||Coal/Gas|
|Aiya Solar Project||NV||Solar|
|Ector County Energy Center||TX||Gas|
|Black Oak Wind Farm||MN||Wind|