The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on July 28 finalized its rule to reduce emissions from the coal-fired Navajo Generating Station in Arizona.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Clean Power Plan for existing plants, proposed in June, could have a dramatic impact on the power sector’s demand for coal and natural gas, according to Bernstein Research.
As electric utilities look to more efficient ways of generating power at reduced risk and cost, combined heat and power (CHP) has become an increasingly attractive option, according to an ICF white paper.
- View all »
- As cash flow flattens, major energy companies increase debt,...
- Otter Tail sets earnings call for Aug. 5
- Flash flood potential seen from Great Basin to the Great Plains...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot July 29, 2014
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for July 29, 2014
- Arch Coal, Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results
- NextEra Energy 2014 second-quarter financial results available...
- CONSOL Energy Reports Second Quarter Results
- EPA finalizes rule on Navajo coal plant
- Kentucky PSC member named to EPRI advisory council
- View all news »
- Alberta JUL 25 2014 Shepard Extension
- SRP JUL 28 2014 Navajo PR
- Corps JUL 2014 Taywood Notice
- Corps JUL 2014 Taywood Map
- Xcel JUL 28 2014 Bay Front Updater
- Duke JUL 28 2014 NCEMPA Notice
- ICF CHP JUL 28 2014
- EPA JUL 28 2014 Navajo Notice
- EPA JUL 28 2014 Navajo Fact Sheet
- EPA JUL 28 2014 Navajo PR
- View all documents »
- Ameren Missouri to shut aging Meramec coal plant by 2022 | GenerationHub
- Kentucky PSC member named to EPRI advisory council | GenerationHub
- Georgia Power saves three coal plants, others likely to switch to gas | GenerationHub
- Detroit Edison retires coal capacity at two plants | GenerationHub
- Capital Power targets Shepard plant first fire in August | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Lonesome Creek Peaking Plant||ND||Gas|
|Pioneer Generating Station||ND||Gas|
|Kirkwall Holdings Solar||NC||Solar|
|Shepard Energy Centre||AB||Gas|
|Greensville Combined Cycle Facility||VA||Gas|
|Albany Green Energy||GA||Bio|
|Big Hill Solar Farm||NJ||Solar|