The Energy Information Administration (EIA) has issued its own analysis of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Clean Power Plan. The 103-page EIA report, issued May 22, responds to an August 2014 request from Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas).
Hydro-Québec Distribution had a May 21 public opening for the bids received in response to its A/O 2015-01 call for tenders launched on March 4 for the purchase of 500 MW of firm capacity and associated energy to meet the long-term domestic electricity needs of its Québec customers.
Only 561 MW of new power generation, all of it from renewable energy, came online during April, according to data released May 22 by an office of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
- View all »
- Siemens installs prototype 7 MW offshore wind turbine
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot May 22, 2015
- More flooding possible across the Great Plains
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for May 22, 2015
- Siemens to provide services for Brooklyn Navy Yard cogen plant...
- Coal ash management progress: Riverbend coal ash excavation...
- NRC sets May 27 to discuss major projects at Oconee nuclear...
- GE says ‘digital wind farm’ increases energy production...
- FirstEnergy Extends Lease at Downtown Akron Headquarters
- IDACORP Sustainability Report Goes 'Above the Lines'
- View all news »
- Battleboro MAY 20 2015 Complaint
- NCUC MAY 22 2015 Battleboro Order
- EIA CPP MAY 22 2015
- Hydro-Quebec MAY 21 2015 Bid PR
- Mich DEQ MAY 22 2015 Sugar Notice
- FERC INFRA MAY 22 2015
- Alpha Natural MAY 22 2015 Downsize PR
- Lost Creek Wind MAY 22 2015 App
- Moundsville Power APR 22 2015 App
- British Columbia MAY 20 2015 LNG PR
- View all documents »
- EIA weighs in on impact of EPA Clean Power Plan | GenerationHub
- EPA wants to impose own SO2 rules on Gerald Gentleman coal plant | GenerationHub
- As expected, B&W to slow its small reactor development program | GenerationHub
- FERC grants Exelon a break related to failure of Perryman unit in Maryland | GenerationHub
- Michigan Sugar not so sweet on coal; to replace two coal boilers at Croswell plant | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Morris Cogeneration LLC||IL||Gas|
|Bakersfield II Solar||CA||Solar|
|Mesquite Creek Wind||TX||Wind|
|Great Bay Solar I LLC||MD||Solar|
|Meadow Lake Wind Farm V LLC||IN||Wind|
|Johnston Waste to Energy||RI||Bio|