The Kentucky Public Service Commission on Dec. 1 approved an application from East Kentucky Power Cooperative to acquire from Bluegrass Generation Co. LLC and then operate three existing simple-cycle combustion turbine units at the Bluegrass Station.
NRG Energy has agreed to sell two of its generating stations: the 525 MW, coal-fired Seward power plant in New Florence, Pennsylvania; and the 352-MW, gas-fired Shelby County power plant in Neoga, Illinois.
The U.S. House of Representatives approved S.J. Res. 23 and S.J. Res. 24, which, if they get beyond certain vetoes from President Barack Obama, would halt the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's CO2-reducing Clean Power Plan for existing power plants and a companion rule for new power plants.
- View all »
- SCE releases Long Beach power outage investigation reports
- NextEra Energy Resources to build, own and operate solar energy...
- FERC issues final rule, approving revisions to NERC standards...
- Testimony of Chairman Norman C. Bay and Commissioners’ Cheryl...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Dec. 1, 2015
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Dec. 1, 2015
- Rain in the Southern Appalachians, while winter weather hits...
- REC Solar installs two small solar projects for the Army Reserve...
- Mitsubishi kicks off production of advanced gas turbine at Georgia...
- Exelon takes Dresden 3 offline for planned maintenance
- View all news »
- NRECA DEC 1 2015 House Vote PR
- Upton DEC 1 2015 Clean Power Vote PR
- NCUC DEC 1 2015 Swine Waste Order
- Oncor DEC 1 2015 Wolf Hollow II.PDF
- SoCal Edison DEC 1 2015 Solar Star SGIA
- Constellation DEC 1 2015 Arizona Solar PR
- Dynegy DEC 1 2015 FirstEnergy PR
- NRG DEC 1 2015 Plant Sale PR
- Green Power EMC DEC 1 2015 Solar PR
- NextEra DEC 1 2015 Hawaii Solar PR
- View all documents »
- Pushed by the Supreme Court, EPA issues MATS cost estimates | GenerationHub
- TransForum East to feature speakers from FERC, EEI, other entities | GenerationHub
- Alabama Power cutting the number of coal-fired units from 23 down to 10 | GenerationHub
- Ares lines up partnership, financing for 700-MW, gas-fired project in Indiana | GenerationHub
- Southeast remains largely bilateral market with sparse trading | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Itasca Energy Center||MN||Gas|
|Dry Lake Solar Energy Center||NV||Solar|
|Fire Solar I LLC||NC||Solar|
|Lexington Chenoa Wind Farm LLC||IL||Wind|
|New Creek Wind Project||WV||Wind|
|Riviere du Moulin Wind||QC||Wind|
|Gateway Cogeneration 1 LLC - Bradford County||PA||Gas|