Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) officials told the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Oct. 30 that key safety-related components at the Watts Bar 2 nuclear project have been either refurbished or replaced and the reactor is “like new.” But a member of the Tennessee Environmental Council says the project has been "cobbled together."
Public Service Enterprise Group said Oct. 30 in its third quarter earnings statement that it is permitting a new unit at its Bridgeport Harbor power plant in Connecticut.
The Electric Power Supply Association (EPSA) has issued a research paper by Dr. Susan L. Pope, a Managing Director for FTI Consulting, titled Price Formation in ISOs and RTOs: Principles and Improvements.
- View all »
- Colder weather drives forecast of 2014 energy-related CO2 emissions...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Oct. 30, 2014
- Winds, elevation snow and moderate rainfall possible in Northwest...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Oct. 30, 2014
- PSEG Announces 2014 Third Quarter Results
- Lincoln Electric Reports Third Quarter 2014 Results
- SCANA Reports Financial Results for Third Quarter 2014
- Exelon reports earnings, progress on PHI merger
- Enviro groups sue NRC over extended waste storage rule
- Mitsubishi Hitachi to locate headquarters in Florida
- View all news »
- FERC OCT 30 2014 San Vicente Notice
- Pacific Gas OCT 30 2014 Pumped App
- Western Antelope OCT 29 2014 EWG Notice
- Walter Energy OCT 30 2014 Earnings PR
- Standard Solar OCT 30 2014 PR
- NiSource OCT 30 2014 Earnings PR
- Oxford OCT 30 2014 Earnings PR
- PSEG Bridgeport Harbor Fact Sheet
- PSEG OCT 30 2014 Earnings Slides
- PSEG OCT 30 2014 Earnings PR
- View all documents »
- Replay available of nuclear discussion featuring Browner, Abraham others | GenerationHub
- North American Coal net income up, plans underway for new mines | GenerationHub
- NRC considers Watts Bar 2: ‘Like new’ or ‘cobbled together’ | GenerationHub
- As expected, FOE files legal action over Diablo Canyon nuclear plant | GenerationHub
- FERC okays Nevada Power buy of 222-MW power plant in Las Vegas | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|PSEG Kearny Generating Station||NJ||Gas|
|Delaware Mountain Windfarm||TX||Wind|
|North Star Solar||MN||Solar|
|MN Solar I||MN||Solar|
|Armow Wind Power Project||ON||Solar|
|Kinsley Landfill Solar||NJ||Solar|