Construction on the 220-MW Port Westward 2 gas-fueled power plant is about 75% complete, a spokesperson for Portland General Electric (NYSE:POR) said April 22.
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection on April 9 approved a final air construction permit that authorizes new peaking/intermediate load generation capacity at the Deerhaven Generating Station of Gainesville Regional Utilities.
Renewable energy advocates and other critics of the Dominion (NYSE:D) integrated resource plan for Virginia said April 23 that it is too skimpy on solar and wind power.
- View all »
- NRC to discuss apparent violation at Wolf Creek
- DOE Announces Webinars on Climate Change Impacts and Indian...
- General Electric signs wind support deal with EDF EN
- CB&I Reports 2014 First Quarter Results
- PPL Corporation to Conduct Webcast on First-Quarter 2014 Results...
- Google, SunPower team on residential solar financing program
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot April 23, 2014
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for April 23, 2014
- Reminder: RGGI deadline approaches
- Va. hearing set on Dominion’s resource plan
- View all news »
- Optim Energy APR 22 2014 ERCOT Motion
- Northern States APR 2014 Solar RFP
- Northern States APR 23 2014 Solar Notice
- FERC APR 23 2014 Turnbull Hydro Order
- Ameren APR 23 2014 FutureGen Agreement
- Riverkeeper APR 16 2014
- Canada APR 23 2014 Hydro PR
- Emera JAN 2014 Maritime Link Background
- Murray Energy APR 23 2014 Coal Dust PR
- FERC MAR 15 2012 Longhorn Permit
- View all documents »
- Former EPA head Browner joins nuclear power council | GenerationHub
- Austin Energy permitting new capacity at Sand Hill Energy Center | GenerationHub
- Dominion defends 15-year resource plan before Virginia SCC | GenerationHub
- 549-MW, gas-fired power project planned for northern West Virginia | GenerationHub
- Michigan PSC staff wants more data on possible Presque Isle shutdown | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Walter Scott Jr Energy Center||IA||Coal|
|George Neal North||IA||Coal|
|George Neal South||IA||Coal|
|Blue Castle Project||UT||Nuclear|