The Virginia State Corporation Commission staff is not opposed to the Greensville combined-cycle project of Virginia Electric and Power, as long its ongoing look at how the utility conducted an RFP for alternative power supply shows that the utility "adequately considered" alternatives.
In a monthly update published Nov. 24 for client, Bernstein Research said it sees continued weak forward prices for coal, natural gas and electric power in many areas.
The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is interested in developing small modular reactors (SMRs) at some point when market and regulatory factors make the small nuclear units a more realistic option.
- View all »
- EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy Traveling to COP21 in Paris
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Nov. 25, 2015
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Nov. 25, 2015
- Wintry conditions extend from the Intermountain West to Central...
- SolarCity Appoints Tanguy Serra President
- FirstEnergy's Power Plants Prepared to Operate Reliably through...
- Virginia SCC orders Dominion to pay $1.7m refund to Virginia...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Nov. 24, 2015
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Nov. 24, 2015
- Snow for parts of the Cascades, Sierras, and Great Basin
- View all news »
- FERC NOV 25 2015 Owyhee Rejection
- TVA SMR SEP 1 2015
- Court NOV 25 2015 Walter Bid Order
- PJM NOV 2015 Lexington Chenoa Study
- Va SCC Staff NOV 20 2015 Greensville Brief.PDF
- WV PSC NOV 25 2015 Tri-State Order
- DOE NOV 25 2015 Floridian LNG Order
- Court NOV 24 2015 Alpha Reject Order
- Court NOV 24 2015 Alpha Extend Order
- NextEra Blythe NOV 25 2015 EWG Notice
- View all documents »
- California PUC reviews Southern California Ed deal with 131-MW solar project | GenerationHub
- EPA CO2 plan will be costly, according to report by Energy Ventures | GenerationHub
- MISO works out interconnect for 40-MW project of Montana-Dakota Utilities | GenerationHub
- Gateway Cogeneration 1 pursues interconnect for 163-MW Pennsylvania project | GenerationHub
- Las Vegas commitment supports 100-MW Boulder Solar project | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Gateway Cogeneration 1 LLC - Bradford County||PA||Gas|
|Marquette Energy Center||MI||Gas|
|North Star Solar Project||MN||Solar|
|Amazon Wind Farm US Central||OH||Wind|
|NWP Indian Mesa Wind Farm||TX||Wind|
|Meyersdale Storage LLC||PA||Other|
|University of California, Davis Solar Facility||CA||Solar|