The New York ISO has gotten a series of interconnection requests so far this year for solar, wind and fuel cell projects, but oddly no requests for any gas-fired projects.
The Iowa Utilities Board on May 28 granted Interstate Power and Light a waiver that allows the utility to move forward with oil-to-gas conversions of three existing units at the Marshalltown power plant.
The U.S. Department of Energy on May 28 issued a conditional authorization for Alaska LNG Project LLC to export domestically produced liquefied natural gas to countries that do not have a Free Trade Agreement with the United States.
- View all »
- Bulk chemical feedstock use a key part of increasing industrial...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot May 29, 2015
- Strong to severe storms to continue across the central and southern...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for May 29, 2015
- TVA seeks comments on proposed Miss. transmission project
- RGGI announces new chair and executive committee members
- Renewable share of U.S. energy consumption highest since 1930s...
- NextEra Energy announces settlement rate for equity units issued...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot May 28, 2015
- Severe weather possible across parts of Plains, Ohio Valley...
- View all news »
- Md PSC MAY 28 2015 OneEnergy Brief
- CanAm Coal MAY 28 2015 Bankruptcy PR
- DOE MAY 28 2015 Alaska LNG Approval
- DOE MAY 28 2015 Alaska LNG PR
- GE MAY 29 2015 Middletown Solar PR
- EPA JUN 1 2015 Sherco Deal Notice
- Iowa DNR MAY 2015 University Notice
- Iowa DNR MAY 2015 University Facts
- CPS Energy MAY 18 2015 Solar PR
- CPS Energy MAY 26 2015 OCI Solar PR
- View all documents »
- ArcLight closes on buy of stakes in two Pennsylvania coal plants | GenerationHub
- Florida agency issues tentative okay for MATS extension at Crystal River units | GenerationHub
- 800-MW Berks Hollow project advances in PJM queue process | GenerationHub
- RGGI announces new chair and executive committee members | GenerationHub
- Murray Energy makes sweeping coal mine layoffs in Ohio, Illinois and West Virginia | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Walter Scott Jr Energy Center||IA||Coal|
|Black Oak Wind Farm||NY||Wind|
|Playa Solar LLC||NV||Solar|
|Sunshine Valley Solar||NV||Solar|
|Copper Mountain Solar 4, LLC||NV||Solar|
|Rockfish Solar LLC||MD||Wind|
|Dix Solar LLC||NJ||Solar|
|Buckleberry Solar LLC||NC||Solar|