“It’s the cold temps and the gas price” together that are driving Northeast prices, said Natalia Mestvirishvili of Genscape. The situation has made some of the oil units economic.
Just three business days before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission is set to rule in dockets that are critically important to a major American Electric Power corporate reorganization, the Kentucky Attorney General has filed a late protest.
U.S. coal industry conditions have stabilized at very weak levels, but overall Moody’s Investors Service expects a modest decline in the coal sector’s 2014 earnings, as higher priced contracts continue to roll off and low prices for metallurgical coal persist.
- View all »
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Dec. 12, 2013
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Dec. 12, 2013
- CB&I Announces Executive Management Appointments
- Arch Coal Commences $300 Million Private Offering of Senior...
- ReneSola's Virtus II PV Modules Installed at Temple University...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Dec. 11, 2013
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Dec. 11, 2013
- USEC marks final uranium shipment in 'megatons to megawatts'...
- Akins gets extra title as chairman of American Electric Power...
- TCEC-led report finds renewable energy and natural gas both...
- View all news »
- Moody's DEC 11 2013 Steel Report
- Moody's DEC 11 2013 Coal PR
- Moody's DEC 11 2013 Coal Report
- Fitch DEC 12 2013 Arch Coal PR
- Arch Coal DEC 12 2013 Notes PR
- GE Energy DEC 11 2013 Solar PR
- Mississippi PSC denial of ITC-ETR transaction, Dec 10-2013
- AEP DEC 11 2013 Ky AG Response Brief
- Grupo T-Solar DEC 11 2013 PR
- UNS Energy DEC 11 2013 Merger PR
- View all documents »
- Consumers Energy cuts Thetford project cost estimate by $50m | GenerationHub
- Duke units in North Carolina subtract coal, add gas and nuclear | GenerationHub
- Duke Energy eyes 750-MW gas plant in South Carolina | GenerationHub
- Duke Energy Carolinas needs new Lee gas plant to fill the coal gap | GenerationHub
- Duke Energy talks coal, gas issues during 3Q review | GenerationHub
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Abengoa Bioenergy Biomass of Kansas||KS||Bio|
|Bear River Narrows Hydroelectric Project||ID||Hydro|
|Sol Orchard Imperial 1||CA||Solar|
|L V Sutton||NC||Coal|
|Charles D. Lamb Energy Center||OK||Gas|
|Desert Peak Power Plant||NV||Geothermal|