Calpine Corp. in its Oct. 28 earnings report said it made progress in the third quarter on several fronts, including construction on its 828-MW York 2 Energy Center in Pennsylvania and imminent retirement of its 400-MW Clear Lake plant in Texas.
Southern Co. subsidiary Southern Power continues to add to its renewable energy portfolio with the purchase of a controlling interest in the 257-MW Wake Wind Energy Center in Texas from Invenergy.
Portland General Electric said that Carty, a 440-MW natural-gas fired baseload generating resource near Boardman, Oregon, went into service on July 29 and is operating as designed and had a 92% availability rate through September.
- View all »
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Oct. 28, 2016
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Oct. 28, 2016
- Wet forecast seen for the West
- NV Energy Deploys Aclara's Grid Monitoring Platform to Retrofit...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Oct. 27, 2016
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Oct. 27, 2016
- Deteriorating weather conditions to close Northeast week
- IDACORP, Inc. Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results, Reaffirms...
- Vivint Solar Installs More Than 2,700 Rooftop Solar Panels At...
- Third Quarter 2016 Energy Imbalance Market Gross Benefits Report...
- View all news »
- Montana-Dakota OCT 12 2016 Hydro App
- Heritage Wind OCT 20 2016 Transfer App
- TransCanada Maine OCT 28 2016 EWG Notice
- PacifiCorp OCT 27 2016 Rio Tinto PR
- Portland General Slides OCT 28 2016
- DTE Energy OCT 28 2016 GM Solar PR
- Southern OCT 28 2016 Wake Wind PR
- Exelon OCT 27 2016 Navy Project PR
- Calpine OCT 28 2016 Earnings PR
- Cloud Peak OCT 27 2016 Earnings PR
- View all documents »
- 1,000-MW Cricket Valley project in New York to enter construction in December | GenerationHub
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones | GenerationHub
- Portland General: Carty running well while legal fights over it continue | GenerationHub
- SunEdison to sell turbines, wind project in Texas to Akuo Energy USA | GenerationHub
- Iowa board approves final order for 500 MW of Alliant wind power | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
U.S. Current Electric Capacity
Recent Plant Updates
|Plant Name||State||Primary Fuel|
|Camp Springs Solar LLC||NC||Solar|
|Antrim Wind Energy LLC||NH||Wind|
|Hawtree Creek Farm Solar LLC||NC||Solar|
|New Wind Project||IA||Wind|
|Mankato Energy Center||MN||Gas|
|Radford’s Run Wind Farm (Twin Forks Wind Farm LLC)||IL||Wind|
|Clear Spring Ranch PV Project||CO||Solar|