New England made it through the just-completed winter with less “drama” than it did during the 2014 polar vortex thanks to the use of oil and liquefied natural gas (LNG) as backup fuels for natural gas generation, ISO New England (ISO-NE) President and CEO Gordon van Welie said March 26.
New England is losing its non-gas resources to retirements and this is a worrisome trend for ISO-New England (ISO-NE) said President and CEO Gordon van Welie on March 26. Meanwhile, Commissioner Asim Haque of the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) won’t count upon proposed combined-cycle gas plants until they are actually built.
The Illinois Senate Energy and Public Utilities Committee on March 26 passed Senate Bill 1585, which would establish a Low Carbon Portfolio Standard that would support the state’s nuclear energy facilities and protect jobs, consumers and a reliable electricity supply.
- View all »
- Tenaska expands presence in solar development industry
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot March 27, 2015
- Colder temperatures return to the Central and Eastern states
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for March 27, 2015
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot March 26, 2015
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for March 26, 2015
- Montana state senator proposes fees for companies that close...
- Central Maine Power, Iberdrola finish transmission upgrade
- Study shows benefits, including to power producers, of PennEast...
- Various organizations gather to support nuclear energy
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- A lot of coal plant deactivations ahead in PJM between now and June 1 | GenerationHub
- Some power projects being cancelled, others move ahead | GenerationHub
- AEP Texas North works out service deals for 300 MW of wind projects | GenerationHub
- TVA Browns Ferry 3 begins refueling outage | GenerationHub
- McMeekin coal units in South Carolina get MATS reprieve until 2016 | GenerationHub
- CPV MAR 26 2015 New York App
- OneEnergy MAR 20 2015 Collier Test.PDF
- Fla PSC Mar 26 2015 Cedar Bay Order
- House GOP MAR 25 2015 Coal Ash PR
- FERC MAR 26 2015 Garden State Notice
- Southern MAR 26 2015 Butler Solar LGIA
- Fitch MAR 26 2015 AEP Pr
- Exelon MAR 26 2015 Illinois Senate PR
- BLM FEB 2015 UAMPS EA
- BLM MAR 25 2015 UAMPS FONSI
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”