Grand View PV Solar Two LLC, which is developing an 80-MW (ac) project in Idaho, on Aug. 26 filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission a notice of self-certification as an Exempt Wholesale Generator.
The electric power sector is facing a time of growing uncertainty over everything from the Clean Power Plan, to increasingly volatile markets that are vulnerable to transmission constraints.
Upon emergence from bankruptcy, an entity at the moment called "Reorganized TCEH," which includes power generator Luminant, will operate as stand-alone company poised to benefit from a strong balance sheet and enviable positioning in Texas’ competitive energy market, said Energy Future Holdings.
- View all »
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Aug. 26, 2016
- Hot weather in Northwest, severe storms possible for South,...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Aug. 26, 2016
- Great Plains, Westar schedule shareholder meetings on merger
- Duke Energy board names former INPO leader Bill Webster as new...
- FPL is monitoring Invest 99L and preparing for potential severe...
- DOE Seeks Projects to Advance Carbon Dioxide Utilization from...
- Monthly U.S. renewable electricity generation in 2016 surpasses...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Aug. 25, 2016
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Aug. 25, 2016
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- Developer works on up-to-740-MW Texas gas project | GenerationHub
- RED-Rochester advances coal-to-gas conversion at New York facility | GenerationHub
- Delta Coals files revised lawsuit against Armstrong Coal | GenerationHub
- FERC accepts ISO-NE's four-zone model for FCA #8; ISO-NE to embark on stakeholder process | GenerationHub
- NRG to shut out coal completely at Chalk Point, Dickerson plants | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- NextEra Blythe AUG 26 2016 Shared Agree2
- NextEra Blythe AUG 26 2016 Shared Agree
- Grand View PV Solar AUG 26 2016 EWG
- EKPC AUG 26 2016 Fuel Report
- NAT-3 GP AUG 2 2016 Jenner App
- Alberta AUG 24 2016 Vulcan Solar Notice
- Alberta AUG 25 2016 NAT-3 GP Notice
- NRC AUG 26 2016 LaSalle PR
- Energy Future AUG 26 2016 Court PR
- ND PSC AUG 24 2016 Glacier Ridge Notice
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”