El Paso Electric on April 20 petitioned the Public Utility Commission of Texas to amend a Certificate of Convenience and Necessity to include a 20-MW solar project to be located on Fort Bliss in Texas, on land that Fort Bliss will provide to EPE at no monetary cost.
Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) has introduced H.R. 1869, the Environmental Compliance Cost Transparency Act, which requires federal agencies active in the wholesale power business to disclose the costs of environmental compliance to their customers.
The Florida Public Service Commission announced April 16 that it has approved Duke Energy Florida’s (DEF) petition to end the fixed $3.45 charge (per 1,000 residential kilowatt hours) on customer bills related to the Levy Nuclear Project (LNP), beginning in May.
- View all »
- TVA issues draft report on Johnsonville steam supply
- Entergy Announces First Quarter Earnings Conference Call
- PacifiCorp, Idaho Power to swap transmission assets
- U.S. energy-related carbon dioxide emissions increase in past...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot April 20, 2015
- Heavy rain in the East on Monday
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for April 20, 2015
- Dominion Virginia Power to Close All Coal Ash Ponds in Virginia...
- New Study Finds Caithness II Power Plant Will Save Long Island...
- NRG Renew, SunShare mark development of Colorado solar projects...
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- Six coal units in PJM deactivated between April 1 and April 16 | GenerationHub
- MATS dubbed ‘one of the most draconian environmental regulations ever’ | GenerationHub
- AEP, Exelon, Ohio officials to address gas and power issues at GenForum | GenerationHub
- Caithness says its gas project needed, despite the opinion of PSEG Long Island | GenerationHub
- FERC tells EPA that Oklahoma coal unit needed for an extra year before it's retired | GenerationHub
- Ind DEM APR 2015 Lawrenceburg Notice
- Alberta APR 17 2015 Bull Creek Order
- TVA APR 2015 Johnsonville Draft EA
- Infigen FEB 5 2015 Solar App
- NCUC APR 20 2015 Infigen Order
- ExxonMobil APR 20 2015 LNG Urgent PR
- FirstEnergy APR 20 2015 Solar PR
- Bluestone Coal APR 16 2015 Lawsuit
- Court APR 16 2015 San Onofre Dismiss
- FERC APR 20 2015 Lock+ Rejection
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”