FERC Commissioner LaFleur said she is concerned about the broad rationale for the approach put forth in the policy statement
Study: If just four currently proposed transmission projects are built, wind curtailment can be reduced by about half
DOE said that for the study, NREL simulated operation of the electric power grid under a scenario where 35% of electricity comes from wind in the year 2050
Cal-ISO: Tests show renewable plants with smart inverter technology can offer reliability services similar, or superior, to conventional plants
The Cal-ISO said in its statement that it plans to present its test results to NERC and other technical review committees
- View all »
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for January 19, 2017
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for January 13, 2017
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Jan. 11, 2017
- Unusually warm January weather expected in Southeast
- Alterra Power Update Regarding Wind Project Qualification
- SCE&G Places First AP1000 Steam Generator in the U.S.
- Wholesale power prices in 2016 fell, reflecting lower natural...
- FuelCell Energy takes fuel cell project in California into commercial...
- Dominion, Dominion Midstream Schedule Fourth-Quarter Earnings...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Jan. 10, 2017
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- 198-MW Bluestem Wind project in Oklahoma to go commercial in December 2016 | GenerationHub
- NRG delays planned deactivations for five Maryland coal units for another year | GenerationHub
- AEP files interconnect revision for 730-MW La Paloma project in Texas | GenerationHub
- ArcLight closes on buy of stakes in two Pennsylvania coal plants | GenerationHub
- FERC grants waiver to Robinson Power's 651-MW gas project in Pennsylvania | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Merchant Hydro JAN 10 2017 Nockamixon App
- TVA MAY 12 2016 Clinch River ESP App
- NRC JAN 12 2017 Clinch River Notice
- Driftwood LNG SEP 28 2016 DOE App
- DOE JAN 12 2017 Driftwood LNG Notice
- US Geothermal JAN 11 2017 San Emidio PR
- FERC Infra Projects JAN 5 2017
- Maine PUC JAN 9 2017 ReEnergy Order
- North Carolina Eastern JAN 10 2017 App
- NCUC JAN 10 2017 Old Road Solar Order
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”