The Southern Power Co. unit of Southern Co. is nearing final decisions from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality for issuance of two air permits that would authorize construction of the Jackson County Generating Facility, which is a 920-MW, gas-fired peaker.
The U.S. Supreme Court order has resulted in a "pause in terms of the implementation and enforcement of the Clean Power Plan. But the rule is still in effect,” EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy told the House Agriculture Committee on Feb. 11.
The New York ISO has released a Feb. 11 "Generator Deactivation Assessment" on a recent deactivation notice from Entergy Nuclear FitzPatrick LLC covering the proposed retirement of the James A. FitzPatrick Nuclear Generating Facility.
- View all »
- Citizen group dislikes proposed route change for Atlantic Coast...
- Virginia SCC to consider plan to rebuild transmission lines...
- Walter Energy Announces Closing of Sale of Non-Core U.S. Assets...
- Feb. 24 Tribal Webinar to Focus on Exploring Energy Markets
- Sempra Energy To Report Fourth-Quarter 2015 Earnings Feb. 26
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Feb. 12, 2016
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Feb. 12, 2016
- Heavy lake effect snow and bitterly cold temperatures
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Feb. 11, 2016
- EMPIRE DISTRICT ELECTRIC INVESTOR ALERT BY THE FORMER ATTORNEY...
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- Troutdale Energy drops application for 652-MW project in Oregon | GenerationHub
- Texas agency nears permits on 3,400 MW, gas-fired project | GenerationHub
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Jan. 29, 2016 | GenerationHub
- Citizen group dislikes proposed route change for Atlantic Coast Pipeline | GenerationHub
- Cloudworks works on three hydro projects in British Columbia | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- FERC FEB 12 2016 Pyramid Lake Notice
- FERC FEB 12 2016 Kentucky River EA.2
- FERC FEB 12 2016 Kentucky River EA
- Columbia Energy FEB 12 2016 Brief
- AEP FEB 11 2016 Flint Creek Report
- TCEQ FEB 10 2016 Jackson County Notice
- Portsmouth Genco FEB 12 2016 App
- NPPD FEB 12 2016 PURPA Petition
- NY ISO FEB 11 2016 FitzPatrick Study
- Court FEB 11 2016 Bransen VEPCO Order
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”