The Virginia State Corporation Commission staff is not opposed to the Greensville combined-cycle project of Virginia Electric and Power, as long its ongoing look at how the utility conducted an RFP for alternative power supply shows that the utility "adequately considered" alternatives.
In a monthly update published Nov. 24 for client, Bernstein Research said it sees continued weak forward prices for coal, natural gas and electric power in many areas.
The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is interested in developing small modular reactors (SMRs) at some point when market and regulatory factors make the small nuclear units a more realistic option.
- View all »
- EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy Traveling to COP21 in Paris
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Nov. 25, 2015
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Nov. 25, 2015
- Wintry conditions extend from the Intermountain West to Central...
- SolarCity Appoints Tanguy Serra President
- FirstEnergy's Power Plants Prepared to Operate Reliably through...
- Virginia SCC orders Dominion to pay $1.7m refund to Virginia...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for Nov. 24, 2015
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot Nov. 24, 2015
- Snow for parts of the Cascades, Sierras, and Great Basin
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- JW Resources coal assets sold to Revelation Energy | GenerationHub
- AEP works out interconnect for 150-MW SunEdison project in Texas | GenerationHub
- Invenergy pursues approval for 20-MW solar project in North Carolina | GenerationHub
- NRG seeks Texas approval to buy power plant being moved from Mississippi | GenerationHub
- Exelon announces management appointments at Braidwood | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- FERC NOV 25 2015 Owyhee Rejection
- TVA SMR SEP 1 2015
- Court NOV 25 2015 Walter Bid Order
- PJM NOV 2015 Lexington Chenoa Study
- Va SCC Staff NOV 20 2015 Greensville Brief.PDF
- WV PSC NOV 25 2015 Tri-State Order
- DOE NOV 25 2015 Floridian LNG Order
- Court NOV 24 2015 Alpha Reject Order
- Court NOV 24 2015 Alpha Extend Order
- NextEra Blythe NOV 25 2015 EWG Notice
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”