The Kentucky Division for Air Quality on July 13 issued a preliminary determination to grant an air permit to NAES Riverside Generating Co. LLC to turn its 900-MW simple-cycle power plant into a 1,700-MW combined-cycle facility.
Exelon (NYSE:EXC) President and CEO Chris Crane sounded upbeat during a July 29 earnings call that his company will soon complete its acquisition of Pepco Holdings (NYSE:POM) but he was less confident that Exelon will be able to avoid retiring certain nuclear units soon.
Iberdrola Renewables on July 29 announced a 15-year contract to supply Southern California Edison with renewable energy from the planned Tule Wind Power Project in the McCain Valley of eastern San Diego County.
- View all »
- PJM board approves 230-kV line under Delaware River
- TASC Statement on Reforming the Energy Vision
- ArcLight raises nearly $5.6bn for more energy investments
- Alliant Energy names Robert Durian Vice President, Chief Accounting...
- SolarCity Announces Second Quarter 2015 Financial Results
- DOE Releases Updated Directory of Potential Stakeholders
- New methanol and fertilizer plants to increase already-growing...
- Exelon posts earnings for 2Q
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot July 29, 2015
- Isolated severe thunderstorms will continue
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- Golden Spread wants to add another 606 MW at Antelope Elk | GenerationHub
- United States could slip from top tier of nuclear leaders, speakers warn conference | GenerationHub
- Detroit Edison retires coal capacity at two plants | GenerationHub
- Tucson keeps Sundt unit on gas, deals with coal mine fire impacts | GenerationHub
- AES starts California process to replace 1,950-MW Alamitos plant | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
- IPCB JUL 23 2015 Dynegy Order
- Sierra Club JUL 29 2015 PacifiCorp PR
- Sierra Club JUL 29 2015 Coal Lease PR
- NMA JUL 29 2015 BLM Lease PR
- NMA JUL 29 2015 Quinn Lease Testimony
- PJM JUL 29 2015 SolarCity WMPA
- Cloud Peak JUL 29 2015 Earnings PR
- Iberdrola JUL 29 2015 Tule Wind PR
- LS Power JUL 29 2015 Bluegrass PR
- Ky DAQ JUL 2015 Riverside Summary
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”