Florida Power & Light is pursuing through the Florida Department of Environmental Protection the air permitting needed for a major upgrade of its gas-fired Sanford Power Plant in Volusia County.
C.P. Crane LLC applied at the Maryland Public Service Commission for a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity authorizing it to modify the existing Charles P. Crane Generating Station to enable the use of natural gas in the existing Unit 2.
The Midcontinent Independent System Operator filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission a Facilities Construction Agreement with Prairie Wind Energy LLC, which is developing a 169-MW wind project in Iowa, and interconnecting transmission owner MidAmerican Energy.
- View all »
- Nautilus Solar Energy names Cheng as Chief Operating Officer
- Solar study predicts rapid capacity growth in Texas
- Georgia Power places CA05 module for Vogtle Unit 4
- EthosEnergy completes boiler feed pump work at Coyote power...
- Westinghouse marks startup of TVA's Watts Bar Unit 2
- Babcock & Wilcox restructures power business
- Extended policies case shows reduced energy use, emissions,...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot June 28, 2016
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for June 28, 2016
- Summer heat continues in Southwest
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- Appeals court suspends Clean Power Plan schedule - temporarily | GenerationHub
- ISO New England files interconnect for Exelon's 207-MW West Medway expansion | GenerationHub
- RED-Rochester advances coal-to-gas conversion at New York facility | GenerationHub
- AEP’s Kentucky Power completes Big Sandy conversion to natural gas | GenerationHub
- FERC okays ArcLight buy of wind project interests held by Infigen | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- OSMRE JUN 2016 Skyline FONSI
- Connor JUN 28 2016 Hunter Creek Hydro PR
- Rye Development JUN 27 2016 FFP App
- MISO JUN 28 2016 Prairie Wind FCA
- MISO JUN 28 2016 Prairie Wind FCA App
- Fla DEP JUN 21 2016 Sanford Tech Eval
- Fla DEP JUN 21 2016 Sanford Notice
- Iowa UB JUN 27 2016 Cedar Falls Order
- Iowa UB JUN 27 2016 Heartland Reject
- Duke JUN 27 2016 Animal Waste Brief
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”