Three utility companies operating the Wolf Creek nuclear plant in Kansas on May 28 sued the U.S. Department of Energy, asking for the agency to fulfill its promise to remove spent radioactive fuel from the facility.
During GenerationHub’s May 27 Quarterly Market Update webcast, Kent Knutson, director of Hub Services for PennWell, said that 2015 is “a landmark year, with so many decisions [that] are going to be made, particularly” by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The Arkansas Public Service Commission on May 29 rejected a May 1 request from Entergy Arkansas to delay the filing of the utility's next integrated resource plan until certain power generation issues are worked out, including clean-air mandates affecting its coal-fired capacity.
- View all »
- FirstEnergy Nuclear Operating Company Names Douglas C. Saltz...
- Alpha Natural Resources Exploring Options to Rectify Flawed...
- Bulk chemical feedstock use a key part of increasing industrial...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot May 29, 2015
- Strong to severe storms to continue across the central and southern...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for May 29, 2015
- TVA seeks comments on proposed Miss. transmission project
- RGGI announces new chair and executive committee members
- Renewable share of U.S. energy consumption highest since 1930s...
- NextEra Energy announces settlement rate for equity units issued...
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- GenerationHub tracking $134bn, or 133 GW, in planned, under construction natural gas projects | GenerationHub
- ArcLight closes on buy of stakes in two Pennsylvania coal plants | GenerationHub
- Murray Energy makes sweeping coal mine layoffs in Ohio, Illinois and West Virginia | GenerationHub
- 800-MW Berks Hollow project advances in PJM queue process | GenerationHub
- Florida agency issues tentative okay for MATS extension at Crystal River units | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
- Capital Power APR 24 2015 MDA
- Alberta MAY 29 2015 Clover Bar Order
- Minn PUC MAY 28 2015 Agenda
- Tri-State MAY 29 2015 Colowyo PR
- Kansas Gas MAY 28 2015 DOE Lawsuit
- Ark PSC MAY 29 2015 Entergy IRP Order
- SCANA MAY 15 2015
- Wisc Court MAY 29 2015 Green Bay Order
- Basin Electric MAY 29 2015 Board PR
- Court MAY 29 2015 Fishermens Order
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”