Exelon (NYSE:EXC), Calpine (NYSE:CPN) and Entergy (NYSE:ETR) could be among the companies that benefit from Obama administration rules governing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from existing power plants, according to an April 16 analysis by Bernstein Research.
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is nearing a final decision on a new air permit for Golden Spread Electric Cooperative to add new gas-fired capacity at its Antelope plant in Hale County.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Region 6 website shows a March 2013 application from NRG Development for an air permit on a combined heat and power plant in Corpus Christi, Texas, is currently pending.
- View all »
- Xcel Energy again named top wind power provider
- EPA sees lower greenhouse gas emissions
- NextEra Energy announces date for release of first-quarter 2014...
- Department of Energy Issues Draft Renewable Energy and Efficient...
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot April 16, 2014
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for April 16, 2014
- DOE, NYISO dedicate smart grid controls project in N.Y.
- SELC happy to see EPA rules upheld by D.C. Circuit
- PSEG's Izzo outlines company priorities for the future
- Energy Department Announces $10 Million for Technologies to...
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- EPA approves permit for gas plant/compressed air project in Texas | GenerationHub
- D.C. Circuit declines to throw out MACT rule because of costs | GenerationHub
- EPA seeks comment on permit for 1,620-MW gas project in Texas | GenerationHub
- Tenaska adjusts plans for 400 MW-800 MW Texas project | GenerationHub
- Analyst outlines likely winners and losers under EPA CO2 program | GenerationHub
- Freeport LNG DEC 2011 Air App
- EPA DEC 2013 Freeport LNG Draft
- EPA DEC 2013 Freeport LNG Basis
- Corpus Christi LNG AUG 2012 Air App
- EPA FEB 2014 Corpus Christi LNG Basis
- EPA FEB 2014 Corpus Christi LNG Draft
- Chamisa OCT 2012 Air App
- EPA MAR 21 2014 Chamisa Permit
- EPA FEB 2014 Chamisa Basis
- EPA MAR 17 2014 Chamisa Revisions
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”