Xcel Energy, due in part to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's almost-final Clean Power Plan, has shifted gears and now wants to retire its coal-fired Sherco Units 1 and 2 early to mid next decade, instead of around 2030 as it originally planned.
NTE Energy on Oct. 2 announced today that its affiliate NTE Ohio LLC has successfully closed $645 million in project financing for construction and operation of its 475-MW Middletown Energy Center.
NV Energy Director of Renewable Energy Programs Jesse Murray is scheduled to speak at the one-day PennWell GenForum Dec. 7 in Las Vegas. GenForum is a one-day conference, organized by GenerationHub, which will explore how the power sector is coping with ranging such as the Energy Imbalance Market (EIM) and the Clean Power Plan.
- View all »
- Joaquin forecast to move away from U.S.; flooding expected across...
- Basin Electric Power Cooperative makes clean dive into the Southwest...
- Emera works on financing for TECO Energy takeover
- Tennessee Gas reacts to Massachusetts department decision
- PG&E Corporation Schedules Third Quarter 2015 Earnings Release...
- SolarCity: Buffalo factory to make efficient solar panels
- Dominion Virginia Power Remains Ready to Respond to Severe Weather...
- Canadian Wind Energy Association touts wind opportunities in...
- Florida Supreme Court Begins Movement To Approve Alternative...
- Hurricane Joaquin may cause problems for East Coast energy infrastructure...
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- News Flash: ITC, Entergy agree to terminate deal | GenerationHub
- Calpine selling LS Power six Southern natural gas power plants for $1.57bn | GenerationHub
- Abengoa to build world's largest biomass power plant in Belgium | GenerationHub
- Florida PSC approves Duke buy of Calpine's Osprey power plant | GenerationHub
- Entergy Arkansas looks at end of coal use at White Bluff plant late next decade | GenerationHub
- Genscape report says 8,700 MW to retire in PJM during May and June
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
- Dominion to shut six coal units; builds gas replacements
- Senate confirms NRC nominees Baran and Burns
- MPCA OCT 2 2015 Silver Lake Tech
- MPCA OCT 2 2015 Silver Lake Notice
- Alberta JUL 29 2015 Suncor Order
- Alberta SEP 30 2015 Suncor Order
- BC EAO OCT 1 2015 Murray River EA2
- BC EAO OCT 1 2015 Murray River EA
- BC EAO OCT 1 2015 Murray River PR
- Xcel OCT 2 2015 Sherco Update
- Basin Electric OCT 2 2015 Leland Olds PR
- Sierra Club OCT 1 2015 Sherco PR
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”