The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on Dec. 18 approved the transactions needed to turn PPL Corp. and Riverstone Holdings LLC power plants over to the newly-created Talen Energy, but also ordered that potentially more power plants be sold than the parties wanted.
Congress has passed a short-term extension of the lapsed Production Tax Credit (PTC) for wind power installations, but the extension as written probably won’t stimulate a major round of new wind projects, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA).
The Dec. 16 announcement that a Dominion (NYSE:D) business is buying Carolinas Gas Transmission (CGT) from SCANA (NYSE:SCG) has implications for Dominion strategy for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Clean Power Plan, according to UBS Global Research.
- View all »
- Maryland official named to head federal ocean bureau
- NRC publishes Volume 4 of Yucca Mountain safety evaluation report...
- Quanta Services & ATCO Team Selected by Alberta Electric...
- FERC’s decision on MISO, PJM et al. Order No. 1000 Interregional...
- SDG&E Sunrise Powerline transmission line delivers 1 GW of renewable...
- CAISO completes Order No. 1000 regional requirements
- Maryland Energy Administrator Abigail Ross Hopper named director...
- Moody’s affirms Basin Electric’s A-1 rating
- Onyx Renewable Partners names De Boer as Senior V.P.
- Partners plan natural gas-to-methanol project in Louisiana
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- NRG to shut out coal completely at Chalk Point, Dickerson plants | GenerationHub
- Duke Energy gets final air permit for Citrus combined-cycle project | GenerationHub
- Conservative Heartland group reacts to N.Y. state fracking ban | GenerationHub
- FERC okays Talen Energy deal, but may force extra power plant sales | GenerationHub
- California Flats works out interconnect for solar project | GenerationHub
- Citizen NOV 14 2014 Energy Answers App
- EAB DEC 16 2014 Energy Answers Reject
- Sierra Club DEC 18 2014 Tucson PR
- General Electric DEC 18 2014 Cheniere PR
- EKPC DEC 18 2014 Dale Testimony
- Big Rivers DEC 18 2014 Coleman Argue
- Montana DEQ DEC 16 2014 Lewis Notice
- Alberta DEC 18 2014 BowArk Notice
- LCRA DEC 18 2014 OCI Alamo 6 Agree
- FERC DEC 18 2014 Evergreen Order
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”