Talen Energy (NYSE:TLN) and the other owners of the Colstrip power plant have reached a settlement agreement in a lawsuit filed in Montana state court over a comprehensive agreement with the Montana Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) regarding disposal of coal combustion residuals.
FirstEnergy (NYSE:FE) and its FirstEnergy Solutions subsidiary will shut down or sell certain coal-fired capacity at two of its Ohio plants in response to challenging market conditions, the company said early July 22.
Talen Energy (NYSE:TLN) is currently looking at layoffs of roughly 130 people employee at certain power plants and a company office in Pennsylvania, according to an online posting by the International Brotherhood of Electric Workers (IBEW) Local 1600.
- View all »
- Santee Cooper Board approves 2016C bond sale
- Electric grid operators forecast load shapes to plan electricity...
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for July 22, 2016
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot July 22, 2016
- Dangerous heat continues through much of nation
- FERC Seeks Comment on Critical Infrastructure Protection Reliability...
- FERC Issues Final Rule Directing NERC to Develop a New or Modified...
- Notice of Intent: Wave Energy Test Facility Inside U.S. Waters...
- FERC, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Sign MOU on Hydropower Development...
- FERC Proposes Revised Reporting Requirements, Streamlined Data...
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones | GenerationHub
- Georgia Power saves three coal plants, others likely to switch to gas | GenerationHub
- MidAmerican Energy mulls MATS compliance options | GenerationHub
- Smith hired as new NARUC assistant general counsel | GenerationHub
- Cold shock hurts performance of Edwardsport IGCC, Duke says | GenerationHub
- October has brought news, mostly positive, for a number of wind projects
- Gas plants update shows equipment, licensing milestones
- UBS warns that more nuclear retirements are on the way
- U.S. Supreme Court reviews lawsuits over generating laws in Maryland, New Jersey
- MISO says 14 GW of additional coal at risk under CO2 plan
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”