Construction on the 220-MW Port Westward 2 gas-fueled power plant is about 75% complete, a spokesperson for Portland General Electric (NYSE:POR) said April 22.
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection on April 9 approved a final air construction permit that authorizes new peaking/intermediate load generation capacity at the Deerhaven Generating Station of Gainesville Regional Utilities.
Renewable energy advocates and other critics of the Dominion (NYSE:D) integrated resource plan for Virginia said April 23 that it is too skimpy on solar and wind power.
- View all »
- NRC to discuss apparent violation at Wolf Creek
- DOE Announces Webinars on Climate Change Impacts and Indian...
- General Electric signs wind support deal with EDF EN
- CB&I Reports 2014 First Quarter Results
- PPL Corporation to Conduct Webcast on First-Quarter 2014 Results...
- Google, SunPower team on residential solar financing program
- EIA Energy Price Snapshot April 23, 2014
- Current Power Reactor Status Report for April 23, 2014
- Reminder: RGGI deadline approaches
- Va. hearing set on Dominion’s resource plan
- View all news »
With the arrival of summer, it seems the level of power generation developments has heated up as well. Here are a few key milestones from recent weeks:
- View all blogs »
- Optim Energy APR 22 2014 ERCOT Motion
- Northern States APR 2014 Solar RFP
- Northern States APR 23 2014 Solar Notice
- FERC APR 23 2014 Turnbull Hydro Order
- Ameren APR 23 2014 FutureGen Agreement
- Riverkeeper APR 16 2014
- Canada APR 23 2014 Hydro PR
- Emera JAN 2014 Maritime Link Background
- Murray Energy APR 23 2014 Coal Dust PR
- FERC MAR 15 2012 Longhorn Permit
- View all documents »
Missing critical updates or not knowing the full story can lead to costly mistakes...
Invest in your generation intelligence. Subscribe to GenerationHub today!
- ...an outstanding service...editorial coverage two days before other publications release.”
- ...pricing for this product is a tenth of our other subscription services and far more comprehensive.”
- GenerationHub streamlines my research.”